Linux Lenovo x120e network adapter dropping connection
Question 
I am a linux / Ubuntu noob.....correction uber noob. I have a Lenovo x120e laptop that I was using as my media center pc. I have a 1.5 tb drive that holds my media. I originally was using windows 7 on the x120e and would launch directly into Kodi after start up. However the x120e is really slow when running windows 7 on it. The device just isn't robust enough to handle the demand on resources. So I thought that running Kodibuntu on it would be a better option and would run better. I downloaded Kodibuntu 14.2 to a USB drive and installed Kodibuntu onto the x120e. It booted fine, ran smooth but I had some network adapter issues. First the LAN connection wouldn't work and it only connected over WiFi. Second the WiFi would just dropout and never reconnect. Even after a reboot it wouldn't reconnect automatically. I have to disable networking and reenable it by logging out of Kodi, log into the Desktop mode of Kodibuntu and disable networking and reenable it. When I go back into Kodi after rebooting, 30min later it lost the network connection again. Like I said I am an uber linux noob. I looked at the Kodi site for how to update kodibuntu and it is upto date. I also googled how to update the drivers for the network adapters. I eventually got the LAN working but they still keep dropping the connection. I know a little bit about how to use the cmd terminal but I don't know many commands or much about modifying linux through the terminal. If you can help please give me small specific steps to take. Thanks in advance for any help. Big Grin

http://www.pcworld.com/product/808324/le...ebook.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo x120e network adapter dropping connection0