• 2(current)
Proposal for small Forum Structure change
After some deliberation on my side, I could really not go ahead with seperating hardware into a support and discussion section.
The problem is that any hardware discussion so far always turns into a support thread.

There are some guides, which could be moved and linked permanently to the Guides section, but having a seperate Hardware discussion would just turn into another hardware support area.

To be clear, I'd be willing to split it up but not until we can get 5 or more dedicated moderators who would move stuff between the two sections to keep it clean.
I'm only a skinner and it was only a suggestion, I expected it to be ignored Tongue

It looks great, though. Although I can see still an empty category (the old 'off-topic').
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-28, 20:31)Piers Wrote: I'm only a skinner and it was only a suggestion, I expected it to be ignored Tongue

It looks great, though. Although I can see still an empty category (the old 'off-topic').

Suggestions that are well thought out get more attention than random remarks.
Nod

I removed the empty section, thanks.
Trying to figure out the new forum hierarchy. I guess the old "support" forum (which was the parent of the OS-specific subforums) is now the operating system non-specific subforum of the operating system specific forum? I guess smarter minds then mine will figure that out right away. I suspect most users have no idea if their support problem is operating system specific anyway.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I think "OS independent" needs to be more prominent or renamed to include the world "general", or else "general discussion" (for non support talk) will get even more flooded with general questions.
Here's a further idea to stop clutter in the OS area of Support.

Disallow threads being created outside the sub-forums. The option is there, from memory, in mybb. That way people are forced to post questions in the correct sub-forum of the OS they use. It would also mean the possibility to get rid of the OS prefixes.

Edit: well, never mind that suggestion! I really should have looked at the forum first as I see you've already done that.

In that case, how about a rename to avoid confusion: "Operating System-specific support" becomes "General Support"

Since you've already locked it down and forced a user to post in the correct forum, there's no need for the Operating System... title now.

(2015-02-28, 21:19)Kib Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 20:31)Piers Wrote: I'm only a skinner and it was only a suggestion, I expected it to be ignored Tongue

Suggestions that are well thought out get more attention than random remarks.
Nod

I removed the empty section, thanks.

Maybe I should re-examine the suggestion I made about re-ordering the menu items in Kodi. I made graphics and everything Tongue

Now I can't find the thread Sad

Found it! http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=189031

Are any developers still interested in my idea there? I made it about a year ago and it seemed to spark a conversation.

Edit: If so could it be moved to the Suggestions area where I can do a shameless bump on it and (possibly) get changes into Kodi 15, or 16.

(2015-03-01, 08:41)Piers Wrote: Edit: If so could it be moved to the Suggestions area where I can do a shameless bump on it and (possibly) get changes into Kodi 15, or 16.

Done
(2015-03-01, 12:09)Kib Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 08:41)Piers Wrote: Edit: If so could it be moved to the Suggestions area where I can do a shameless bump on it and (possibly) get changes into Kodi 15, or 16.

Done

Thank you, I also see you've moved discussions down. Makes more sense as people are less likely to click the first forum to get support.

"Add-ons Support" should be "Add-on Support" for correct English

Also the description of the Discussion category says don't post feature requests even though it now contains the feature request forum Big Grin
Valid points Smile - Fixed now.
Kodi related discussions - requires description underneath
Archive - "Old, archived information and garbage." -> Archived content and Rubbish.

Edit: or keep 'garbage', but it's a hideous word.

well 99,99% is actually garbage Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-03-01, 13:54)Martijn Wrote: well 99,99% is actually garbage Smile

It's just a hideous word! 'Rubbish' sounds much nicer. Personal preference, that's all Smile

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposal for small Forum Structure change0