Mediaportal PVR client questions
So...

New to Kodi! Used to use Mediaportal front end.

Decided to go for Kodi frontend using Mediaportal PVR client ADD on... which seems to be working nicely. I have a couple of questions though...

1) When viewing the EPG within Kodi, is there a visible menu to switch between groups? When I used Mediaportal you were able to put channels into groups then quickly switch between the groups within the Mediaportal EPG. For example i used to have grouped channels named 'General', 'HDTV', 'Music', 'Movies'...etc? The only menu option I can see in Kodi is on the menu on the left hand side where you select 'all channels' etc?

2) I alphabetically arrange my channels in the Mediaportal TV server and these don't seem to be in the same order in Kodi?

Thanks
I have just jumped ship, and I also see that the channel order in MediaPortal is not respected in Kodi.
I believe there is a setting in the TV portion of settings to 'Use backend channel numbers' - that should keep the order.
It doesn't, it will use the LCN numbers instead. LCN is the numbers your channel provider uses.
I simply cannot sort BBC1 & 2 HD before 3 and 4 my lisp sorts HD channels after SD channels.
Simply cannot be done as is with the plugin.
Would the easiest solution be for the Kodi client to implement its own channel sorting ? I don't know how easy that would be.
Kodi Settings -> TV -> General -> Channel Manager
You can only rename and enable/disble channels, not change the order. At least not with the latest version back 2 weeks when I tried, now moved on to dvbviewer for testing.
(2015-03-23, 03:01)pünktchen Wrote: Kodi Settings -> TV -> General -> Channel Manager

Yeah, as noted, this doesn't allow channel sorting. However, it is really good, so it might be better to enhance it.

The advantage of doing this on the server side is that it can be changed once and all network clients will see the benefit directly.

Is this something that can be fixed in the TV server plugin? To extract the information from the database and to provide it to the client in a format that can be used (write a text file?).
(2015-03-23, 10:03)mcelliott Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 03:01)pünktchen Wrote: Kodi Settings -> TV -> General -> Channel Manager

Yeah, as noted, this doesn't allow channel sorting. However, it is really good, so it might be better to enhance it.

The advantage of doing this on the server side is that it can be changed once and all network clients will see the benefit directly.

Is this something that can be fixed in the TV server plugin? To extract the information from the database and to provide it to the client in a format that can be used (write a text file?).
Have you unchecked "Use backend channel numbers" and "Always use the channel order from the backend" ?
(2015-03-23, 14:08)pünktchen Wrote: Have you unchecked "Use backend channel numbers" and "Always use the channel order from the backend" ?

Yes, that is the whole point. It doesn't work. Smile Several other people are reporting the same, so it isn't just me.

Best wishes,

Mark
Cannot test it here right now.

When it seems to be broken in Kodi, you have to make a bugreport about this:
HOW-TO:Submit_a_bug_report (wiki)
(2015-03-23, 14:37)pünktchen Wrote: Cannot test it here right now.

It is already there.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15862

It would be good to know what to change in the MediaPortal database (the LCNHuh) in order to fix this. It is all too easy to break things completely if I get it wrong.
(2015-03-23, 16:52)mcelliott Wrote:

It is already there.

It would be good to know what to change in the MediaPortal database (the LCNHuh) in order to fix this. It is all too easy to break things completely if I get it wrong.
But that is not exactly the same issue Wink It is about broken channel order from backend, while you complain about broken channel sorting possibilities in Kodi channel manager.
But you are right with the channel numbers of the TVServer. http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/de...groups.png Change them to your needs and all is fine in Kodi
(2015-03-23, 18:11)pünktchen Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 16:52)mcelliott Wrote:

It is already there.

But that is not exactly the same issue Wink It is about broken channel order from backend, while you complain about broken channel sorting possibilities in Kodi channel manager.
But you are right with the channel numbers of the TVServer. http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/de...groups.png Change them to your needs and all is fine in Kodi

Yeah, not quite the same issue.

If Kodi pulled the channel order correctly from the server, I would not need to re-order them. I was suggesting a solution if it was not possible to get the numbers from the server.
Kodi gets the numbers of MediaPortal and that is the problem. Not every tv station provider assigns a LCN (than MediaPortal itself does it with 9999 or 10000) or the LCNs are more or less arbitrary.

(That is something i really cannot understand about our TVServer. Is it that hard to automatically assign channel numbers that respect your own channel order?!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediaportal PVR client questions0