Mediaportal PVR client questions
Some more information from my side:

I cannot completely map the full sorting order from MediaPortal to Kodi. MediaPortal has a separate sorting order field independent from the channel number/LCN. Kodi does not yet support a separate channel sorting order field in their database. In MediaPortal it is even possible to sort channels in different groups in a different order. I cannot map that at all to the Kodi channel order.
What I'm doing right now is to learn Kodi the channels in the order of the MediaPortal "All channels" group and besides that I'm using the LCN as channel number at the Kodi side. This gives Kodi only two sorting options: by channel number or by backend order (= All channels group order).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi

I just switched to Isengard Beta 1 because of playback issues with PVR recordings and also stumbled upon the issue that Kodi is not importing the channel order from Mediaportal as it used to do it with 14.x .

What I do not understand is why importing a channel order from a channel group was possible before and now isn't/seems to be impossible.

Without:

a) get it to import like it used to do it

or

b) make sorting for a channel list possible within Kodi

...the PVR function now has a MAJOR drawback considering the number of channels available now days.
(2015-03-23, 20:24)margro Wrote: Some more information from my side:

I cannot completely map the full sorting order from MediaPortal to Kodi. MediaPortal has a separate sorting order field independent from the channel number/LCN. Kodi does not yet support a separate channel sorting order field in their database. In MediaPortal it is even possible to sort channels in different groups in a different order. I cannot map that at all to the Kodi channel order.
What I'm doing right now is to learn Kodi the channels in the order of the MediaPortal "All channels" group and besides that I'm using the LCN as channel number at the Kodi side. This gives Kodi only two sorting options: by channel number or by backend order (= All channels group order).

Has this already been resolved/planned for v18 Leia? I'm still considering going back the the MediaPortal backend for reasons but this just gets me crazy and makes it a go stopper.
If it was already resolved for Krypton I didn't get it to follow the order I wanted.
Maybe @ksooo knows or should know about this? have observed a lot of nice general PVR related fixes by him on GitHub.
(2017-01-27, 23:24)Woppie Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 20:24)margro Wrote: Some more information from my side:

Has this already been resolved/planned for v18 Leia? I'm still considering going back the the MediaPortal backend for reasons but this just gets me crazy and makes it a go stopper.
If it was already resolved for Krypton I didn't get it to follow the order I wanted.
Maybe @ksooo knows or should know about this? have observed a lot of nice general PVR related fixes by him on GitHub.

Easy solution - edit your channel numbers in MediaPortal so that Kodi sorts them in the order you want!
(2017-01-28, 10:04)mcelliott Wrote: Easy solution - edit your channel numbers in MediaPortal so that Kodi sorts them in the order you want!

Already wrote that ages ago in another thread, but this is no option for me as we get changes every so often and I'd have to do it all over again.
So unfortunately, till there's a solution I'm stuck with DVBviewer.
Prior to that I've used MediaPortal since 2003'ish and even considered abandoning Kodi and go back to MediaPortal altogether, but for other reasons I haven't.
No changes in v17 or v18 in this area. Kodi does not support different channel sorting for different groups, therefore I cannot map the MediaPortal channel sorting to Kodi.
The advice to add proper channel numbers is still true.
When I have time, I will check if I can extend the v18 PVR API with this feature but I won't promise anything.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Thank you for your answer margro! I'm in no hurry but will keep an eye out for it.
is it possible to syncronize more than one specific channel groups, but not all?
On wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/MediaPortal_TV-Server) the option "Import only TV Channels from group" states that it just import one group, is that correct?
Or can ill comma seperate several groups?

background of my issue:
I having the following Groups on my backend: GROUP1, GROUP2, GROUP3, ...., EMBY, ALL

GROUPX -> correct groups for kodi
EMBY -> Same channels as all GROUPX just for emby
ALL -> all channels

Currently i am having the option "Import only TV Channels from group" not set, so all the groups gets imported.
Now i have an custom amazon echo skill which gets all channel with json request and does a fuzzy match on it.
The request is: http://host:port/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "PVR.GetChannels", "params": {"channelgroupid": "alltv", "properties" :["uniqueid"]},"id": 1}

The problem is, kodi reports all channels from all synronized groups.
I'll know i can makle several requests with the correct "channelgroupid", but this isnt convience because the code is used from different clients with maybe different "channelgroupid"'s.
Also the "channelgroupid"'s must be hardcoded then -> ugly.
So that is not a solution.

thx
pOpY
(2017-02-17, 16:34)popy Wrote: is it possible to syncronize more than one specific channel groups, but not all?
On wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/MediaPortal_TV-Server) the option "Import only TV Channels from group" states that it just import one group, is that correct?
Not officially supported by me but it is actually possible by separating the groups with a pipe symbol:
Group 1|Group 2
should work.
(2017-02-19, 20:41)margro Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 16:34)popy Wrote: is it possible to syncronize more than one specific channel groups, but not all?
Not officially supported by me but it is actually possible by separating the groups with a pipe symbol:
Group 1|Group 2
should work.

thx a lot, will try it!

pOpY
Update: it works! thx a lot!

PS: why its not supported by you when it works :-) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediaportal PVR client questions0