• 4(current)
"Adjust Display Refresh Rate" vs "Sync Playback to Display"
EDL is nothing to do with framerate. EDL is Edit Decision List. It is a way of cutting bits out of a video - like ads or sweary bits.

I don't know why you would be surprised that your movies are 23.976FPS - most are!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've read through this entire thread along with various others on the forums and am still very confused. I'm hoping someone could recommend the proper settings I should be using.

Asus Chromebox (OpenELEC / Kodi 14.2)
Panasonic AE4000U projector
Onkyo HT-RC270

Everything I play is s straight bluray rip so I believe these are always 23.976
Audio is always passthrough
The projector supports 1920X1080 at 60i, 50i, 24p, 60p, and 50p

The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that "Sync playback to display" is a no go due the the audio passthrough, correct?

This leaves me with two settings questions, what to set for:
System > Video Output > Refresh Rate
Video > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video

Thank you
Tongue 
I just assumed.... but now I know! Until now they were just DVD's on the shelf. Now they are 2GB files on a hard drive and a whole new way to watch them. I'm rather enjoying that. Ripping and compressing is a whole new world for me.

Is EDL something that we can get at? For example, can we remove boring parts of a movie and watch a condensed version by editing the EDL file?

(2015-07-15, 10:54)nickr Wrote: EDL is nothing to do with framerate. EDL is Edit Decision List. It is a way of cutting bits out of a video - like ads or sweary bits.

I don't know why you would be surprised that your movies are 23.976FPS - most are!
Yes but it is rather tedious to go through and note the times you need to skip. It is a simple text file.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Edl
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does anybody know if Video Reference clock will be implemented on Android ports of Kodi or is this just not in Android OS at all?
I have Intel HD 4000 graphics asusvivopc connected by HDMI to home teather then to television, I have judder every 5 or 10 seconds, is this normal? What settings should I Kodi hel
I noticed this on isengard 15.2 description on the kodi website.• "Fix refresh-rate switching on Android. This should improve on most devices like Nexus Player and NVIDIA SHIELD "

Having read through this thread it seemed to be saying earlier that this isn't supposed to work at all on android anyway. But anyway, my nexus player is still showing a very small but noticeable stutter on all movies every so often. And that's after trying all the variations on sync playback to display and adjust display refresh rate. It's driving me up the wall and I have no idea how to fix it or even if it's possible. Is there a specific android thread anywhere as these sort of discussions seem to get overtaken by pc discussions constantly. Is there any definitive answer to android specific judder? Thanks very much
Kodi on Android does not support "sync playback to display" and should not display this option. You could open a bug report on trac for this.
(2015-11-17, 09:58)FernetMenta Wrote: Kodi on Android does not support "sync playback to display" and should not display this option. You could open a bug report on trac for this.

will fix this tonight
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-11-17, 10:26)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 09:58)FernetMenta Wrote: Kodi on Android does not support "sync playback to display" and should not display this option. You could open a bug report on trac for this.

will fix this tonight

thanks
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8401
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
my TV will switch to default User interface refresh rate (60Hz) if i go to menu UI while playing lets say 24hz movie and stay like that. How you guys solving this? im on kodi 16 beta3 jarvis Pi2, panasonic TV
stop the movie before entering the menu.

I would guess, Kodis GUI is in focus then and then it will change to the default refresh rate.

If you only have 24p movies, you could setup Kodis GUI to 24p and you won't have a change. But that won't work anymore if you watch a DVD which is something else than 24p.
so its normal for KODI and everyone using it this way? like you all guys stopping movie before entering menu? Is there any way that if i go to menu, movie will pause and it not even show as background?
When I am watching a movie, I am watching a movie. Why would I need to go into the menus. Even if I did, pause is only one button press.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Adjust Display Refresh Rate" vs "Sync Playback to Display"1