MySQL issues.. XBMC not creating databases
Hey guys... Ive been fighting this for a few months now, and have given up on my solving it on my own.
Basically, I went from an OSX backend to an ubuntu backend... everything seems to work great except that I can not for the life of me, get syncing to work.
I install (and have removed/reinstalled/modified) Mysql on ubuntu, change my bind-address to the local machines IP address (192.168.1.10).
Forward port 3306 on my router to go to 192.168.1.10 (IP address of my server)
Put my ADVANCEDSETTINGS.XML in the appropriate locations
Launch kodi and let it do its thing.. but it never populates the database on the server side. And I can not, for the life of me, figure out why...

Running Ubuntu 12.04
kodi machines are mixed (3 android TVs, 1 ATV2, 1 Macbook, 1 windows desktop, 1 windows laptop, couple different tablets...)

Log (kodi):
http://xbmclogs.com/pn55ofx9r
-it doesnt look like theres anything wrong in the logfile.. but im not sure. (The video plays fine and records position.. just not between one machine and another, only on the local machine it is playing on)

Im not sure how to do mysql logs.. but am happy to supply.

I most recently tried this fix:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1935593

Any help, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Pastebin of what my Databases look like:
http://pastebin.com/TTGFDUh8

Pastebin of my mysql error log:
http://pastebin.com/pb9c5u22
Your advancedsettings.xml file is garbage:
Code:
12:38:53 T:140735250150144   ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

Also, why are you port forwarding on your router - are you planning on accessing your MySQL server from the internet? Or is this a misunderstanding that you need to forward this port for LAN devices (you don't).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-27, 21:38)Milhouse Wrote: Your advancedsettings.xml file is garbage:
Code:
12:38:53 T:140735250150144   ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

Also, why are you port forwarding on your router - are you planning on accessing your MySQL server from the internet? Or is this a misunderstanding that you need to forward this port for LAN devices (you don't).

Yes, I access my setup from outside of my network.. BUT, I VPN into it first, so yes, it was a misunderstanding that I may need to port forward (again, just trying to figure it out... and while i dont need to forward 3306, it also doesnt hurt anything...)

as for the advancedsettings... I have no idea why its garbage... im attaching the one that was originally on it, and the re-written one i made this morning... Both yeild the same results (not creating databases)
Original advancedsettings (the one you called garbage):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrxjh3vek04mk2...s.xml?dl=0

rewritten:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql4vbzc84wazt4...s.xml?dl=0

both have the same result: not creating databases.

Here is the logfile from the rewritten advancedsettings:
http://xbmclogs.com/pv9vjbsql
(2015-02-28, 17:54)rbthompsonv Wrote: and while i dont need to forward 3306, it also doesnt hurt anything...)

Doesn't hurt anything? Well, it opens your MySQL server up to the entire internet without any security, so good luck with that.

(2015-02-28, 17:54)rbthompsonv Wrote: as for the advancedsettings... I have no idea why its garbage... im attaching the one that was originally on it, and the re-written one i made this morning... Both yeild the same results (not creating databases)

Have you looked at your original advancedsettings.xml? It's a Microsoft Word document, no wonder it's being seen as garbage.

At least your new advancedsettings.xml is working, but it looks like you've not configured your MySQL server correctly - either the MySQL server isn't running, or isn't allowing network connections (by default it will only allow connections from localhost).

MySQL configuration from the Wiki, go through it again and fix whatever you missed.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-01, 02:35)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 17:54)rbthompsonv Wrote: and while i dont need to forward 3306, it also doesnt hurt anything...)

Doesn't hurt anything? Well, it opens your MySQL server up to the entire internet without any security, so good luck with that.

(2015-02-28, 17:54)rbthompsonv Wrote: as for the advancedsettings... I have no idea why its garbage... im attaching the one that was originally on it, and the re-written one i made this morning... Both yeild the same results (not creating databases)

Have you looked at your original advancedsettings.xml? It's a Microsoft Word document, no wonder it's being seen as garbage.

At least your new advancedsettings.xml is working, but it looks like you've not configured your MySQL server correctly - either the MySQL server isn't running, or isn't allowing network connections (by default it will only allow connections from localhost).

MySQL configuration from the Wiki, go through it again and fix whatever you missed.

OH GOD!!! YOU MEAN HACKERS CAN ADD/DELETE/MODIFY MY MEDIA DATABASE THAT DOESNT WORK!!!! OH, THE HORROR.. god forbid that EVER happened... (SERIOUSLY... why do you care?)

As for the rest, i am aware of how to set up mysql.. have done it several times successfully. but in the move to ubuntu, im missing something rudimentary (and i have to assume, it's not the mysql side)...

As for the advancedsettings, it looks like kodi is refering to an old XBMC version (as when i was originally running xbmc and set this configuration up, kodi wasnt called kodi...
on my mac, it looks like it's pointing at /Users/robert/Library/Application Support/xbmc/userdata when it should be pointing to /Users/robert/Library/Application Support/kodi/userdata

any chance you know how to redirect it? Ive trashed/removed/cleaned xbmc and kodi, reinstalled kodi, but theres something leftover that keeps it pointing there....

(And, frankly, if youre going to be shitty about it, feel free to just leave me to my own devices... ill figure it out eventually. Im asking for help, not a scolding on what ports i leave open, what format my files are in, what color my hair is or what brand of panties i buy my girlfriend... If i wanted to be treated like an idiot for trying to fix what super-experts consider a trivial thing to do, i would have posted this in the Team Xecuter forums for Martin C to tell me im retarded or something equally degrading).
If you don't want to be treated like an idiot, then _don't_ behave like one.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-01, 22:18)rbthompsonv Wrote: (SERIOUSLY... why do you care?)

It's not so much that I "care", but when you see a child running around with scissors I think it's normal to point out that it's not such a good idea.

(2015-03-01, 22:18)rbthompsonv Wrote: And, frankly, if youre going to be shitty about it,

Wow, you think my reply was shitty? Someone with skin as thin as yours should probably avoid the internet as much as possible. I can only assume you're a bit embarrassed by your own mistakes.

But anyway, good luck fixing your problem, although I really can't see any reason why anyone would bother helping you from now on.
(2015-03-01, 22:48)fritsch Wrote: If you don't want to be treated like an idiot, then _don't_ behave like one.

and how is this helpful? SERIOUSLY.. why do you fucktards have to be shitty? if someone asks for help.. help. If you cant help, shut up and move on, no reason to be a troll.
(2015-03-02, 00:53)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 22:18)rbthompsonv Wrote: (SERIOUSLY... why do you care?)

It's not so much that I "care", but when you see a child running around with scissors I think it's normal to point out that it's not such a good idea.

(2015-03-01, 22:18)rbthompsonv Wrote: And, frankly, if youre going to be shitty about it,

Wow, you think my reply was shitty? Someone with skin as thin as yours should probably avoid the internet as much as possible. I can only assume you're a bit embarrassed by your own mistakes.

But anyway, good luck fixing your problem, although I really can't see any reason why anyone would bother helping you from now on.

and while youve been the most helpful (as in have answered)... the lack of ACTUAL help is appalling..

You and your little girlfriend that answered before you are the reason more and more people are moving to plex and giving up on the XMBC "community". You're not good people... You not much more than a group of elitist shitbags who want to ridicule and belittle those who dont grasp what you expect to be "easy"...

So let me say: Go fuck yourselves... and fuck your shitty little pice of archaic code that loses followers on a daily basis.
Well, that escalated quickly...

Listen up, internet tough guy, losing you as a "follower" really isn't going to be a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL issues.. XBMC not creating databases0