Gathering info from NFO's
I use EMM to organize all my movies before they are uploaded to my Kodi system at home. The problem is that when I stream movies when I'm at friend's houses, hotels, etc, I stream using Chromecast which doesn't support DTS audio. I would like to go through my media collection and convert the audio codecs of all DTS movies to AC3 or something. Being that I have around 1000 movies, I would prefer to not have to search manually. Are there any suggestions for doing a search that can identify all DTS movies? Can I make a custom filter in EMM that can output an XML of movie names and AudioFormatConvert tag that outputs dca? Can I search all movie nfo files for every instance of the DTS codec? Also the way my files are organized is:
> Media
>> Movies
>>> "<Folder named by movie title>"
>>>> Movie files, nfo's, jpegs, tbn's
>> TV Shows

Thanks in advanced.
(2015-02-27, 21:25)snpaul22 Wrote: I use EMM to organize all my movies before they are uploaded to my Kodi system at home. The problem is that when I stream movies when I'm at friend's houses, hotels, etc, I stream using Chromecast which doesn't support DTS audio. I would like to go through my media collection and convert the audio codecs of all DTS movies to AC3 or something. Being that I have around 1000 movies, I would prefer to not have to search manually. Are there any suggestions for doing a search that can identify all DTS movies? Can I make a custom filter in EMM that can output an XML of movie names and AudioFormatConvert tag that outputs dca? Can I search all movie nfo files for every instance of the DTS codec? Also the way my files are organized is:
> Media
>> Movies
>>> "<Folder named by movie title>"
>>>> Movie files, nfo's, jpegs, tbn's
>> TV Shows

Thanks in advanced.

I recently talked to Dan about this. The idea is to give the user the opportunity to build own filter in SQL language and save those as custom filter in setting. That way everyone can define own filters or share them here. I will add a feature request for this to bugtracker .
Another option would be to use the existing "Export" -> "Movies" menu in main menu of Ember as that exports the database structure of movie database in Ember to a xml file which can then be imported in Excel as XML-DataImport. Then you can use the great AutoFilter in Excel to sort data. Unfortunately this won't export the metadata of movies which is what you want - I will try to add this Smile

For a qick solution you can download "SQL Maestro" tool and open the .emm database in your Ember settings folder. Then open AMovies table and filter for Codec. Example:

Then note the the corresponding ID in column "MovieID" and look for that ID in table "movies" -> you will find the name of the movie.
Thanks for the help and very quick reply!
Small Update: The Export movie function in current fixed BETA1.4.08 now also exports metadata of video and audio. You can filter your movies for missing Codecs and such in Excel now.
I would use TinyMediaManager.

1. After install, add the sources for your media to TMM and update them. This may take awhile but it's a 1 time thing. If you already have metadata (NFO, Art, etc.), or you don't want TMM to perform that task, don't scrape, just update.
2. Use the filter function to display only DTS media.
3. Highlight all media
4. Right click and select "Bulk Edit"
5. Add a Tag: "DTS" or whatever.
6. Refresh EMM libraries.

The tag will be stored in the corresponding NFO file like this: <tag>DTS</tag>

Assuming you know how to filter a library in EMM, you can now filter on the tag "DTS" or (null) if you want the non-DTS media. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could repeat the steps above for every sound profile in your media collection.

Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gathering info from NFO's0