[Obsolete] PseudoTV Lite
(2015-03-05, 16:52)azrael17 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 16:37)mrdally204 Wrote: First I'd like to thank you for making this great piece of software. The wife and I use it now more than traditional TV. I run PseudoTV Live on my Ouya and Fire TV. I find it interesting that the slow downs are not consistent nor 100% of the time. The slow downs for me happen in the guide (max 50 episodes, refresh each launch, background updates on, around 70 channels, no plugin/streaming channels). The strange part is sometimes when I launch the guide will be very snappy paging through the available channels. Then the next time I launch it will be so slow that it looks like the box is locked up. Sometimes changing the PTVL skin fixes it, sometimes rescanning the channels, clearing cache etc. I never can find what the underlying issue is nor the perfect way to fix it, but it does not happen every time. Most times it is a very enjoyable experience. I am excited to see the Lite version, but I'm not positive the slow downs are caused by an underpowered machine vs a race condition bug that keep reoccurring.

Sorry if this is out of place, but I wanted to share my experience with it.

I think part of it may be related to the artwork cache. I used to have intermittent EPG slow down and lag as well. I switched from using EPG logos to EPG text and the lag disappeared almost entirely. While I miss the logos the performance benefits are worth it.

Essentially that's what this project is... removing what was "optional" settings in PTVL, in-order to force performance. Technically PTVL can perform just as fast as PTVLite after being properly configured. I understand most users don't want to put the time into learning the complexities of PTVL. Hopefully they will enjoy the simplicity of PTVLite.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Does it also need Pseudo Library to be installed prior to installation?
(2015-03-07, 09:43)zzzaaa Wrote: Does it also need Pseudo Library to be installed prior to installation?

Pseudo Library is a separate standalone project and is not needed for PTV Live or Lite.
awesome gonna try it on raspi 2, Thanks mucho for the effort.
Are these 2 addons of yours completely independant? I assume they are, but I feel I must ask before I try it.
(2015-03-10, 23:01)rd1979 Wrote: Are these 2 addons of yours completely independant? I assume they are, but I feel I must ask before I try it.

yes -
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you Lunatixz for continuing this project and taking the time to modify this wonderful add-on to support low powered HTPCs. Rofl

A couple of years back, I was running a just a plain vanilla Windows box with XBMC and PseudoTV. I stopped using this configuration due to the fan noise. Fast Forward to now and every TV has HDMI and a Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick or some other type of streaming device attached to it. Things are much quieter and I've started to get back into the tinkering which leads me up to my question...

Is it possible or is there a setting to not have the program that you are about to watch start from the beginning? My original configuration would start a program already in progress - giving the feel that you were watching regular cable TV - My PseudoTV Lite works fine from the inital install; the program guide works, my channels are populated correctly and my media is streaming from my MB3 box perfectly. The only thing that is driving me crazy is every channel change starts the program on that channel from the beginning and if I return to any channel, including the original starting channel, the program starts from the beginning.

Any help would be appreciated!Angel
Thank you so much Lunatixz for creating this awesome software! A PseudoTV version of some sort is a must-have for any cord-cutter! Love it!
hey luna,
can you please list the chtype that the lite version include?
i tried youtube (10) and it doesnt...i though youtube is included in livetv

thanks
(2015-03-30, 10:38)hasamba Wrote: hey luna,
can you please list the chtype that the lite version include?
i tried youtube (10) and it doesnt...i though youtube is included in livetv

thanks

Chtypes 0-9
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
does this lite version support strm files that were created by mylibrary?

EDIT: looks like no Smile no problem switched to live allready
Loving the lite version on my Amazon Fire Stick. I've only found one issue so far.

It boots up great, plays my 10-20 channels and I flip through well. BUT, once one video finishes and another starts up, I can no longer access the EPG. PseudoTV Lite is STILL RUNNING, because at the end of video 2, video 3 will play, and so on... but I can no longer change channels or access the EPG.

Is this a bug, or something weird on my end. The fire stick remote only has a few buttons, so I don't think I can access the EPG anymore. When I hit the enter/select button it pulls up the video menu.
I have also started to run into the lagging/Stuck epg issue with this lite version. When it occurs, I have to hit the home button, stop Kodi app, launch the kodi app again, use the file browser, and delete the folder in the app_data folder which gives me a clean slate for Lite. I then need to configure the application again as all channels and settings are deleted.

Settings I change:

Refresh content each launch
Back ground updates: On

Autotuning:
TV Network
TV Genre
Mixed Genre (Movie, TV Show)

Those are the only changes I make.

The content is provided from a Media server and library via mysql.

If there is any type of log information I can supply please let me know.
Awesome! I just heard about this today, and will definitely be trying it on my AFTV tonight!

While I'm here - I have a couple PseudoTV questions:
1) is it possible yet to install custom skins? If so - how the heck do you do this?
2) is it possible to edit the keymap for PseudoTV? The fullscreenvideo screen overlay keymap changes I've made are completely ignored by PTVL. It looks like PTVL has made a custom overlay, and I'd like to know what overlay name I need to add to my keymap.xml file.

Thanks for what you do!
(2015-04-24, 19:04)nuentes Wrote: Awesome! I just heard about this today, and will definitely be trying it on my AFTV tonight!

While I'm here - I have a couple PseudoTV questions:
1) is it possible yet to install custom skins? If so - how the heck do you do this?
2) is it possible to edit the keymap for PseudoTV? The fullscreenvideo screen overlay keymap changes I've made are completely ignored by PTVL. It looks like PTVL has made a custom overlay, and I'd like to know what overlay name I need to add to my keymap.xml file.

Thanks for what you do!

1) As far as I know PTVLite has custom skin support. Check out the skins thread for custom skins and more details on installing (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224395)

2) Try editing the global keymap. I believe PTVL pulls from that to access it's internal overlay. Since it is an addon and not a standard feature in Kodi it does not have its own keymap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Obsolete] PseudoTV Lite4