Build Client From Source
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but:

I'm looking to build pvr.wmc from source. I did a git clone from: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Question 1 - Was that the right place to start from? ( noticed KrustyReturns had a separate fork )

If so, I'm able to build fine in VS2013 and I deploy the appropriate files over to Kodi/addons/pvr.wmc. (I'm using Kodi 14.1 stable btw)

When I try to enable the add on, I get an error reported from the pvr.wmc create method - error code 6 in the logs.

Turned on the debugger and pointed it to kodi - its failing to register the GUI in the create method. i.e.RegisterMe is returning false in this section of code:

if (!GUI->RegisterMe(hdl))
{
SAFE_DELETE(GUI);
SAFE_DELETE(XBMC);
return ADDON_STATUS_PERMANENT_FAILURE;
}

Question 2 - Any ideas why I'm seeing this failure? Noticed in the changelog that the APIs for GUI and PVR were recently updated in the project. Is it possible my Kodi 14.1 (Git:20150129-38e4046) instance does not have the new API's and thus is failing to register?

Background (if it helps) - I am a developer, but new to developing within/for KODI. Did C++/VS a long time ago (15+ years), but these days primarily Java/Eclipse.

Thanks in advance.
The way things currently work is that each addon author has a fork of the "official" pvr-addons repo. Opdenkamp's is the official one, and krustyreturns fork is where we do our development. We send pull requests from our fork to opdenkamp when we have features we want included in Kodi. So the answer to the first question is that you could use either. Typically our repo might have more/newer changes in it than opdenkamps if we are working on things but havent yet pushed them into Kodi officially

On question 2, if you are on master branch of pvr addons then you also would need to be on master branch of kodi (eg kodi 15). If you have kodi 14 source then you would need to checkout the helix branch of the pvr addons repo to have the compatible API versions of the PVR addons

Also note that right now the Kodi guru's are redoing the pvr addons buidl system and ultimately each pvr addon will live in it's own repo owned by it's actual authors, and the kodi builds will just pull in the latest from a particular branch in those repos, rather than all addons living in one repo and having to send pull requests to there, then also having to make a commit in Kodi sourcecode to indicate what commit from the pvr-addons repo to include in Kodi. So once that is all done it should be alot easier for us to get our latest changes included, which will be nice.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks much - switching over to OpdenKamp's Helix branch got me up and running.

That new SC scheme sounds much cleaner.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build Client From Source0