UPnP music won't add to library... Plex to Pi 2 Openelec
When I use the menu to scan items in my music share from Plex on my Windows 8 PC into my Openelec Pi 2 library, none of the content gets added and the library option remains greyed out. The files are easily browsed and played in the file mode.

Am I overlooking something?

Edit... Is it possible to add music files from other UPnP sources into the library or do I need to just share the library between two instances of Kodi? I was hoping Kodi wouldn't need to be running on the host PC because Plex is already running at boot.
Well, shared over UPnP from another instance of Kodi works fine. Wonder why the Plex share won't add into the library.

Nevermind...didn't play and there are multiple entries for each song
you can't import UPNP into your library because the path to a specific file is not fixed in UPNP. So after you would have imported from UPNP and restarted the UPNP server the very same file might have a different URL and your library entry would be obsolete. That's at least what I've been told.
OK, thanks...

I thought I had it Kodi to Kodi, but there were multiple copies of everything and nothing played.

I'll try a samba share later maybe.

EDIT... Samba sharing works so much better. Perfect now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP music won't add to library... Plex to Pi 2 Openelec0