Win Movie submenu not appearing, movies not appearing after scraped
Hey everyone... I searched here and google with no luck so I'm hoping for some help.

Has anyone ever had the issue where their movies just won't appear under the movies menu? Also, all of the submenus for Movies is blank as well although when I go into Skin Settings.. the submenus are enabled. I can see all of the files if I go to Videos -> Files -> Movies. I'll go into there and set the content of my "Movies" folder to Movies... it'll begin scraping them and after it finishes nothing happens. Yes, my movie files are correctly named for the IMDB scraper. If I restart Kodi... it will immediately begin IMDB scraping all of my movies. Once it hits 100%... nothing still loaded into the movies menu still.

I had zero issues loading all of my TV shows. TV show submenu works fine along with all of the other submenus.

This was happening even when I was using a version of XBMC before I upgraded to Kodi 14.2 today.

Kodi 14.2
Skin: Aeon Nox
RAM: 2GB
Log: http://pastebin.com/2TWgPYtn

All movies are on a local hard drive... all of them are in a folder simply called "Movies". They are not in separate movie title folders.
Here is what the movies menu looks like:

Here is where I have set the content of my Movies folder as Movies:

Skin settings for the movie menu:

Movie menu submenu settings:

TV Shows and TV Show menu works just fine:

2 things to try

I don't think the imdb scraper has worked for a long time - my suggestion is to use TMDB. Secondly consider adding a second tier individual folder for each movie - though certainly it can be done the way you have it, should you decide at some stage in the future to back up the database it could become an unmitigated mess. No need to manually do the change - search for 'file2folder' a small batch utility which will do the job for you.

Oh and sorry there is a third - please don't paste logs in line, paste to a site like pastebin and post the link here - thanks.
(2015-02-28, 09:24)steelman1991 Wrote: 2 things to try

I don't think the imdb scraper has worked for a long time - my suggestion is to use TMDB. Secondly consider adding a second tier individual folder for each movie - though certainly it can be done the way you have it, should you decide at some stage in the future to back up the database it could become an unmitigated mess. No need to manually do the change - search for 'file2folder' a small batch utility which will do the job for you.

Sure enough, changing the scraper to TMDB worked. It is slowly scanning now and already adding the movies. Thanks for the help!

I would have thought the IMDB scraper would have been disabled if so many people had issues with it.

(2015-02-28, 09:24)steelman1991 Wrote: Oh and sorry there is a third - please don't paste logs in line, paste to a site like pastebin and post the link here - thanks.

Sorry about that, edited my original post!
moved to Nox forum section
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-28, 16:23)Martijn Wrote: moved to Nox forum section

Why did you move this?
oh it was already solved?

well all i saw was missing menus from Nox and usually that is skin problem
It already finished scraping and it only is recognizing 366 movies out of 800 something. Back to having issues still.

Edit: It stopped scraping at the letter P for my movies
(2015-02-28, 16:32)Martijn Wrote: oh it was already solved?

well all i saw was missing menus from Nox and usually that is skin problem

Maybe you should read the entire post before assuming?
Well sorry for my mistake then....
Moved it back
To confirm this isn't a skin issue... I have switched to a different skin and still have the same issue.
So I ran "scan for new content" and it just scraped the rest of the movies. I'm not sure why this is so buggy.
You could try moving each movie into it's own directory

Code:
Batman (1989)/Batman (1989).ext

then scrape the data with Mediaelch
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136333

then scan into Kodi (This also makes it where the data is availible offline too)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie submenu not appearing, movies not appearing after scraped0