Library updates won't stick
Hi,
I think I need to get to where Kodi stores it's library NFO files.
I have changed a couple of episode titles (and on the tv database website too!) after finding an error in the naming. But - even after deleting the episodes, cleaning the library, re importing the renamed episodes and rescanning the folder content, it still sees the episodes under their old names! I always have this trouble when updating NFO info - though usually it is genre info I'm changing. It never updates until I do a system re build! I think the only way is to get right to the Kodi files and delete them but I don't know where they are - or maybe something the Kodi team could look into in as much as purging old files? thanks!
NFO files will be located right alongside the media (mkv, avi, mp4 etc.) files to which they correspond.

Assuming your NFO files are being used at all, then setting the title in the NFO should result in the new title being used when the episode is scraped back into the library. If you don't have NFO files, then the metadata will be retrieved from the internet. Even if you've updated the title on a web site, caching issues may mean the updated title is not scraped when you remove then scrape the episode into your library.

NFO files will only be present if you have been creating them (usually with a third party media manager - Ember etc.), or if you've exported your library.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks - I normally always have my NFO's exported and sitting next to the relevant video. In this case I deleted the NFO's thinking that the scraper would get the new data from tvdb, but it has just dug into whatever data Kodi keeps hidden away. It's been an ongoing problem for me, getting NFO's to update. I'll try exporting the NFO into the relevant media folder then renaming the episode title and the name of the NFO too, see if that does it.
If you deleted all the NFOs, and removed an episode then re-scraped the episode, the scraper is going to have gotten it's metadata from the internet. The internet is the only place for scrapers to get data from, hidden or otherwise, when NFOs are not available. As I say, due to caching the scraper may be downloading stale metadata - some sites take several hours to update the data presented via their APIs, even though you can see the current (and correct) information in your web browser.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Done it. After re exporting the library files so the shows in question had NFO's alongside them again, and editing the NFO's episode title accordingly (though curiously the NFO's had the new name) I had to delete the shows from the library then search for new content and it's changed now.

So in future I'll just edit the NFO, remove the video files from the library, then re scan that folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library updates won't stick0