v15 Kodi 15 and mysql
Just upgraded to the alpha version of Kodi and started clean with mysql. Unfortunately, there appears to be an issue, which basically leads to nothing working. You will immediately see the errors in the debug log below ("(Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.11.120'"). Any help appreciated. Thanks!!!

http://xbmclogs.com/p2vkrmjn6
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Quote:The error (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'server' (10061) indicates that the network connection has been refused. You should check that there is a MySQL server running, that it has network connections enabled, and that the network port you specified is the one configured on the server.

Here
Thanks. It is working perfectly well from another client with Helix, so there must be an issue related to the Kodi 15 nightly?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Well the nightlies jump up in video database version. So your helix client and nightly client won't be in sync anyways.
I know. I am having some other freezing issue with Helix and mysql. No issues at all with Gotham and mysql. So, I was trying Kodi 15 and mysql and it doesn't work at all. So, I can now either go back using Gotham (prefer not to), report the Helix issue (done, but no fix yet) or report the Kodi 15 issue (what I am doing in this thread).
I just did a test with Kodi 15 alpha. Unfortunately, it just appears that mysql support is broken with it. It perfectly well works in my setup with Gotham and it works with some glitch on Helix. It does not work at all though with Isengard. The earlier post was made based on the 15 Nightly, but exactly the same issue is still there with Alpha1. Most likely, the issue is "ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed", which is causing mysql support to break with Kodi 15. Full log is in my earlier post.

Any chance for a fix or work-around?
My OpenELEC builds on RPi/Rpi2 are fine with MySQL and latest Kodi 15.0alpha2...

Seems unlikely that curl errors would have an effect on MySQL, although it might suggest a more general network issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It may not be a RPi2 issue. The completely broken one is my Win7 client. Actually, I can go back to Helix/Gotham and it immediately works again. And then go to Isengard and it is broken. So, it is very easy to replicate the issue. Actually, it has nothing to do with library size. It even happened if I only have one small movie folder. Whenever I go to update the library, it just reverts to no-state. I will send a clean log shortly. If it is not the curl error, it must be something else in Isengard that is causing this.
Yes, but you've posted in the OS independent section... maybe it's a Windows-only issue. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Fair point. Could be windows-only. Please see below the "clean debug" file. Would be nice if you have a look. In parallel, I will install Isengard on my RPi2 and see whether any issues.

http://xbmclogs.com/plsgmpr93
I'm not seeing any MySQL errors, and you're connecting to the databases, but they seem to be empty. I'd suggest dropping MyVideos91 and MyMusic49, then try restarting Kodi so that it attempts the schema upgrade again.

You're getting curl errors, and the scanner claims 'smb://192.168.11.120/I/Nature/' doesn't exist, which could be genuine errors or a flakey network.
I can confirm that this is a Windows issue. It works with my setup very well with the RPi2. However, I would prefer not to have the light-weight RPi do the library scan, but instead my much beefier Windows machine.

If it helps for trouble-shooting, mysql is not broken in general with Windows. When I scan with my RPi into the mysql library, my Windows client can actually access the mysql library. What is broken is Windows scanning to mysql library.
(2015-03-01, 05:27)Milhouse Wrote: I'm not seeing any MySQL errors, and you're connecting to the databases, but they seem to be empty. I'd suggest dropping MyVideos91 and MyMusic49, then try restarting Kodi so that it attempts the schema upgrade again.

Done that, but doesn't help. There is something broken in the windows version of Isengard. Everything works with the RPi2 version and the Windows version can access mysql. However, things break in Windows once selecting "update library".
I can confirm that all is working well with Insegard Alpha-1 on RPi2 and OSX, so this is indeed a Windows issue. Can one of the moderators please move this to the windows section of the forum. Thanks!
Same issue here with the Isengard Alpha on Windows 8. Tested again with latest nightly (KodiSetup-20150307-b7ccb83-master.exe). Can provide logs if needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15 and mysql0