AFTV/Kodi installation problem using adbFire 1.20: infinite-loop for sideloading
hi all,

I just purchased a new Amazon Fire TV and was attempting to install Kodi 14.1 using adbFire. I read the guide (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV) multiple of times and tried to follow the video tutorial at http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV. It should be an easy process: download kodi apk file and adbFire, run adbFire and sideload kodi apk, but it didn't go as planned.

I was using Windows 7 and downloaded adbFire 1.20 for Windows from http://jocala.com/adbfire.html. I also downloaded the arm version of kodi 14.1. After connecting to AFTV via adbFire, I tried to install the apk file. However, the progress bar went into an infinite-loop: it never finished. After 3 hours, I decided to abort the process and call it the night.

I disconnect adbFire from AFTV. In AFTV menu under settings->manager all install applications, kodi was no where to be found.

I am at work now so I am not able to provide more details (such as serial number of AFTV or the version of the OS), but will supply them when I get home.

In the meanwhile, has anyone experienced this problem?

thanks in advance,
It's a fairly common issue. When it's happened to me restarting my PC sorted.
It's a common problem with that app. You think you're connected but the progress bar gets stuck because you're not actually connected. What I do is once it shows me as connected, I select "sd card" and click on "pull". If I see the android directory then I know I'm definitely connected and I proceed to install the apk. I'm assuming you've gone into the aftv settings and enabled to allow install of unknown sources.
Thanks, it works now after retrying.

on the side note, how does one determine if a particular FATV can be rooted? based on serial number? any link/info is very much appreciated,

thanks,
I've been going crazy trying to upload through ADBFire. Was able to load llama apk but when I try to upload kodi 14.1 or 14.2 it just loops and loops and never goes through. Went through all the steps of restarting everything (pc/ftv/modem/router) I even tried uploading through the adb command prompt...nothing. PLEASE HELP! Someone?!?!?!?
Well, after much googling and tinkering with it, and thoughts of throwing my new Fire TV through the window, I have discovered the problem:

Bluestacks. Or some other Android emulation type program which I had running in the background on my computer (I like my clash of clans on the big screen!). Once I ended that process, adbFire connected and installed within seconds.

I think that is why rebooting works for some people, they have Bluestacks or something similar set to not start automatically. Mine started at boot.
I have the exact same problem right now as original poster....however i've tried restarting everything and no success. Just 1 continuous loop trying to install the APK...any suggestions guys?
(2015-02-28, 21:59)Canyaya Wrote: It's a common problem with that app. You think you're connected but the progress bar gets stuck because you're not actually connected. What I do is once it shows me as connected, I select "sd card" and click on "pull". If I see the android directory then I know I'm definitely connected and I proceed to install the apk. I'm assuming you've gone into the aftv settings and enabled to allow install of unknown sources.

I get /system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/find: not found when I try to pull on SD Card....does that mean i'm not actually connected when it says i am in the status bar
I had the same issue - if you have bluestack installed in your pc..removed it..that should do it..well for me it did
Hi, I tried the sd card and pull idea and it gave me "destination path missing", what do I do know. I'm a newbie at this, please help.
How do you uninstaller bluestack.
I had the same issue. It was weird because ADB Fire worked fine for me for say 10 times and then stop working with this infinite loop. I realized that I change my router(ASUS) to a new router (comcast) then I tried going back to my old router and it did work. I think its an issue with the router.
Hi all, I am trying to help a friend to instalieren kodi and because I live far away I can not go to him, I can help him through ... intertnet example kodi instlieren remotely or edit for him ... what can I doe..?? thnx..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV/Kodi installation problem using adbFire 1.20: infinite-loop for sideloading0