Non existing TV Shows keep getting added after scan?
I keep getting these two non-existing TV Shows being added after EVERY LIBRARY SCAN and it's really a PITA to have to manually remove them:

1. Bang U
  2. Dragon Ball Z (en)

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? I'm using Kodi 14.1. This is my source:

smb://192.167.0.12/Z/TV Shows/
smb://192.167.0.12/U/TV Shows/

And how the content is setup:

Selected folder contains a single TV show is NOT selected.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I was able to add the TV shows in the SMB sources by doing the following:

1. Create a separate video source for each SMB path.
  2. Scan the TV shows from each source into the library using the [C] context menu, Scan for new items content

However, if I do a Library Update, then Bang U and Dragon Ball Z (en) still get added to the library?

Then, I tried this on both video sources:

Enabled Exclude Path from Library Updates.

But, this had no effects and these two sources were still being scanned into the library?

I'm really at my wit's end on this :/
You need a debug log of when they "get added" back in. Its more then likely a naming issue with another tv series which is throwing off the scraper.
(2015-02-28, 19:50)helta Wrote: You need a debug log of when they "get added" back in. Its more then likely a naming issue with another tv series which is throwing off the scraper.

But, why would the Exclude path... setting not work?
smb://192.167.0.12/U/TV Shows/ = Bang U
smb://192.167.0.12/Z/TV Shows/ = Dragon Ball Z (en)
(2015-02-28, 20:13)Hitcher Wrote: smb://192.167.0.12/U/TV Shows/ = Bang U

If that's the case it sounds like there's something stuck in the database from a previous set up?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
My guess is the tv show folder was once set as smb://192.167.0.12.
(2015-02-28, 20:16)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 20:13)Hitcher Wrote: smb://192.167.0.12/U/TV Shows/ = Bang U

If that's the case it sounds like there's something stuck in the database from a previous set up?

Should I delete the TV db and start over?

Here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/as2ANKm0

Ugh, is there no way to delete the TV db without delete the movie db? http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
(2015-02-28, 20:18)Hitcher Wrote: My guess is the tv show folder was once set as smb://192.167.0.12.

Yes, that's how I had it before when it kept adding Bang U and Dragon Ball Z. So, I tried starting over, removing the video sources and moving all my content into "TV Shows" sub folders. Then, creating new video sources that pointed to the "TV Shows" sub folders.
yep as suspected. now somewhere in your database or sources it still thinks smb://192.167.0.12 is a source.

not sure what the best way to solve this is.
nuking the db will of course clear it but you will lose everything. Also check your sources.xml files if it's gone from that.
I'm using mySQL on one machine to keep everything in sync. I wonder if the corrupted source path is "stuck" in the DB somewhere?

I checked my sources.xml file and it has the correct updated path.

It still seems weird that it could not correctly scan smb://192.167.0.12/U/ as a path because the folder structure in that path follows the correct convention as outlined in the wiki.

Do you think sources.xml is stored in the mySQL database? So, even though the local version is correct, the version in the mySQL db is corrupted?

UPDATE:

I cannot POST REPLY to these forums anymore? It says my account is banned? But, I'm still able to EDIT existing posts. So weird.
guess the smb://192.167.0.12/ path takes priority over smb://192.167.0.12/u/
(2015-02-28, 20:41)NeoDuck Wrote: UPDATE:

I cannot POST REPLY to these forums anymore? It says my account is banned? But, I'm still able to EDIT existing posts. So weird.
Forums have been undergoing a reorganisation and some permission problems followed. I think it should be fixed now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non existing TV Shows keep getting added after scan?1