Strange Momentary Freeze
Hi, i want to ask you guys for help figuring out what's causing my freezing problem.

It's a strange problem because it only happens once per boot (i can be wrong about this, it MAY be once per movie... i just realized i haven't tested this).

I replicated the issue by turning on my htpc, opening a movie (i'm streaming it, not using a local file) and let it run for a while.
Usually, around 5-10 min in i get a huge freeze, like 3-5 sec freeze of the image (sound keep going fine) and then the image speeds up to meet the timestamp it was suppose to be at.

I checked the time and then went into the log and exactly at that time i'm getting

Code:
14:15:11 T:140728588019456 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
14:15:17 T:140728588019456 WARNING: Previous line repeats 75 times.
14:15:17 T:140728588019456   DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 41708.33, frameduration: 41708.333333

Before i saw this i thought it was something like the GPU HANG talked about here, so i updated the kernel and tested, still have the problem.

Here's the complete Logs:
Before Kernel update - HAS DEBUG ON
After Kernel update - HAS DEBUG OFF

You can see the same lines on both files and both of them are on time with the visual problem i witnessed.
If you want i'll take another after the kernel update with debug on.

Well, thanks in advance for any help.
If i forgot to give you some info you need sorry about that, i'll post it asap.
Upgrade your kernel to something >= 3.18.4. Don't forget to also update your linux-firmware package.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-01, 09:21)fritsch Wrote: Upgrade your kernel to something >= 3.18.4. Don't forget to also update your linux-firmware package.

As i said in the original post, i already did that, i followed your post about the GPU HANG (i said this on the original post).
Today i did it again, but instead of 3.18.4 i used 3.19.0, still have the issue. And yes i updated linux-firmware package also, as you instruct in that thread.

Still getting a single "few seconds long" freeze of the image.
As far as i can tell, it only happens once per session (as in from boot to shutdown of the htpc), i can watch how many movies i want, it will just happen once.
And at the time of the freeze the log shows that "WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer" every time.

I can't find the reason for that warning, the connection is working fine, everything buffers fast, RAM is never being used more than 20% or so, got plenty of free space on the HDD.

I'm using an old i3-530 as you can see on the logs. Could it be something with the iGPU?

I don't know what to think any more, it's not a big problem or anything, it's just annoying and would be great if i could get it fixed.

Thanks again for any help.
Can you retry with a very recent nightly build? A lot of stuff was changed - especially one change that leaves a lock when waiting for render buffers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
A kodi nightly build or kernel?

Have to go sleep, tomorrow working early, but when i come back i'll try that out.

Thanks for your time man.
kodi nightly
Still have the freeze with nightly.
I tested a bunch of times and still have only one per session.

Here's the latest log with debug.

Something changed though, now i don't have a "WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer" message.
But it still happens in the same way, the image stops for a few seconds, the sound keeps going normal, then the image speeds up until it catches on, which it's probably why i get this at the timestamp of the freeze:

Code:
09:21:54 T:140646257510144   DEBUG: CDVDClock::Discontinuity - CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError2 - was:2048174.796549, should be:1992737.271365, error:-55437.525183

09:21:57 T:140646265902848   DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 41708.33, frameduration: 41708.333333

I think i'm going to try and do a fresh install of Kodibuntu.
If it "fixes" the problem (or not) i'll report here.

Thanks again for the times you guys take to help out.
And sorry for the delay in replies, been having a lot of work.
You playback 23.976 fps content at 60hz ...
(2015-03-06, 17:02)fritsch Wrote: You playback 23.976 fps content at 60hz ...
Am I not supposed to have the setting for video output at the tv's frequency?

And if that was the problem wouldn't I get desync all the time instead of once per OS session?

edit:. i'm gonna test that out later anyway, i'll enable that option to sync the tv's refresh rate to the video's fps.
If that's the problem, that should fix it right? Well, i'll report after the test. Thanks

edit2:. Well it didn't fix it, I checked the frequency of the TV while watching the movie and it was correct. The problem still happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Momentary Freeze0