Rencently added
The recently added section takes ages to show up. It seems as if it is not caching or something.

I think that aside from the first launch it should show immediately, is that possible?

When I scroll from movies to tv shows it should remain showing.

Also I see some twitching of the gui when I initially load kodi, it's something to do with this panel I think. It seems to appear and then get redrawn.
Do you mean the recently added widget or the section when you open the recently added episodes/movies ?

What hardware are you using ? The refresh of the widget lists is pretty fast in my setup, also I don't notice any glichtes but maybe I have to do some testing on low power hardware...
Sorry I meant the widget. I am using an AMD e350. Generally the skin runs great. Just I would rather the widget remained there always. When first starting up it can take a while for it to appear, whearas the section works immediately upon clicking.

Initial startup it takes a while before my thumbs appear, maybe because I am using wireless and mysql.
(2015-03-05, 15:21)wheemer Wrote: maybe because I am using wireless and mysql.

That sounds like the culprit to me.
It's not the culprit as the stock skin is hardly delayed at all.
When navigating from Movies to TV Shows the widget disappears and shows again... it's very clunky.
I'll take a look tomorrow, been busy the last days. The skin uses a different approach for the widgets which may cause the delay. I'll let you know
The purpose of this widget for me is to have a quick glimps of new episodes. In the stock skin I could navigate off tv shows and then back onto it and the recents widget would refresh quickly to pickup any changes.

With Titan this widget takes so long to load at all that it's pretty much unusable. It's far quicker just to navigate into the actual recently added page that loads instantly.

If I want to see the widget I must navigate ontto tv shows then let it sit for a while until the widget actually loads. I have tested this on a beefy computer and it's still very slow to load.
The skin uses the library data provider service for the widgets. Currently there have been reported some small errors to the widgets which will be solved very soon. See also:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1964148

As a workaround you could go into skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts --> assign widget, and assign the normal "recently added episodes" node (listed under TV shows section) which will be faster but that won't refresh automatically...
I tried your steps but I didn't notice any difference. I will try again tonight.

How do I make sure I have the latest Library data provider?
(2015-03-25, 17:18)wheemer Wrote: I tried your steps but I didn't notice any difference. I will try again tonight.

How do I make sure I have the latest Library data provider?

It just updated on the main repo...
Maybe reinstall? I have this skin running on 3 machine, one being a rpi2. All connected via mysql server, all over wifi and the longest I have to wait is on the rpi2 for 3- 4 seconds after a reboot.
I am on the beta repo, but I did not realize the library data provider would be updated that way.

I tested again it seems to we working ok... I put it back to default config widget.

The only thing I noticed between testing the two widgets was the Library data provider one shows what percentage has been watched, where the standard widget does not. Are there other differences?
It does seem slightly better once it all loads. But upon launch the widgets still appear to have more than one refresh call or something. What I see is the clock disappears, as the widget trys to load, then the clock appears again for a second and disappears as the widget finally loads.
How fast the widget loads is really out of my control in the skin. It really depends on what hardware, database connection speed etc. etc.
Also for the widgets an external script is providing (and caching) the widgets.

BTW: connecting to your mysql library through a wifi connection is gerelly a bad idea. The connection to the DB has to be as fast as possible, meaning NOT wifi. But that's just a suggestion :-)

I have never seen the issue you're describing that the issue is slow with loading, in all my setups (and I've also seen others) it's loaded instantly, even on a slow device like the raspberry pi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rencently added1