Bluetooth remote controls
I'm trying to find good bluetooth remote controls.
I don't consider a full (or tiny) QWERTY keyboard as a good option. And I'd prefer Bluetooth to IR as that doesn't need 'line of sight' and can't interfere with the TV itself. (also CEC isn't an option as the TV's I have don't support it)

So far I've found the PS3 BD Remote or little things designed for tablets.

The only other nice one (besides the PS3 remote) I've seen is the remote for the Amazon FireTV Stick, which is quite cheap and looks quite nice but is only available in America (and seems to have a few problems in OpenELEC).

What Bluetooth remotes do other people use? (or do most people just use Infrared remote controls and FLIRC)

P.S: Line of sight is my main thing against IR remotes. I'd accept a really good RF remote as a good solution too.
Well, if you need a single remote to control everything (up to 8 devices), then I would recommend the Harmony Smart Control
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I would also like info on a Bluetooth remote.
Have a Bluetooth keyboard without pointer control so have to use an airmouse, which uses up one of my three USB ports.Has anyone used a Bluetooth mouse?
I tried the Amazon fire tv stick remote and just couldn't get all the buttons mapped correctly. Plus, suspend wouldn't work properly. For ease of use I would recommend sticking the ps3 remote.
Well ya I have been looking for RF or BT remote too.. I gave up and bought a PS3 BT remote..
I think the PS3 BluRay remote (2nd gen with IR) is a pretty neat solution for Kodi, particularly if you use it with the PVR functionality and to watch DVDs etc. (where selecting subtitles and audio streams is very straightforward)

The only thing that would make it perfect for me is if the CH+/- buttons were properly mapped in the PVR clients.

The other RF remote worth looking at is the Tivo Slide Pro - the qwerty keyboard is definitely worth having, though arguably the reduced number of buttons make it less comprehensive than the PS3 BD remote.
I just bought a Harmony Smart Control and after getting it setup, I thought I'd try the PS3 remote that I had sitting around (for my PS3) just to test the responsiveness. The PS3 remote is significantly faster, and was simple to setup with OpenELEC. I have the older PS3 remote, so I decided to order one of the newer versions that has TV controls (CECHZR1U). The headaches associated with mapping buttons and using the phone app with Smart Control simply aren't worth it for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth remote controls0