Trying to figure out DTS audio settings and need help
So I first checked the wiki and saw that there were settings for DTS which I was able to find. But my issue which I don't know if it's no longer in Kodi or just not showing up because of Aeon Nox is I don't see the options for TrueHD and DTS-HD like what's posted in the wiki. Here is an image of what I see.

Also how do I disable Aeon Nox to see if it's missing the selections? I don't see an option to disable aeon Nox so I can revert to the original skin.
Switch passthrough device to WASAPI. Should see all the formats youre capable of then.
Thanks for the help. That worked and I can now choose DTS-HD Master Audio from my receiver. Now if only I could do the same with my PS3. Either my PS3 is too old since it's the original release OR they don't support that audio which really sucks.
Older (1st couple SKUs) PS3 will not bitstream hd audio tracks. It will however decode them and send them along HDMI as LPCM. Your receiver will show "multi ch input", but it is the same audio - just decoded by the ps3 vs. your AVR.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yeah from what I've found, and it's not much, it looks like the PS3 doesn't let you use the DTS-HD master audio selection on receivers.
But you are using it. It's just decoded by the ps3 vs. your AVR. Same audio but no light on your receiver.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
By using it do you mean can I select DTS-HD Master Audio on my Onkyo? No I can't. If I follow This Links instructions it shows that my PS3 might be outputting master audio. But when I try and select it on my receiver I don't get the option. It come up as multichannel. Which I guess is all I can do.

But enough about the PS3 since my main concern was with Kodi and that issue was fixed. I was just making a statement about wanting to get my PS3 to work the same way since I bought a new receiver and want to get the most out of it.
I just did the dumbest thing possible. I'm ripping the TV series Lost and season one and two have DTS-hd master audio. Well season three and four have something called LPCM. I selected that as my audio track. Well I finish both those seasons and go to check an episode because I wanted to make sure I selected the right file. Well I end up with no audio for both those seasons and now I'm having to go back and rip the DD track. Oh well live and learn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to figure out DTS audio settings and need help0