Best Kodi setup for Mythtv backend
I've been a longtime Mythbuntu user, and currently have a combined fe/be, but I'd like to split my setup so I can hide the backend somewhere else. I'm looking at using a Raspberry Pi as a cheap frontend alternative with Kodi installed, I'm waiting for the Pi to arrive but in the meantime I've been playing around with Kodi on my PC.

Is there any advice available how to get a similar experience to Mythtv whilst taking advantage of Kodi? I've installed the Mythtv add on but noticed a few things and wasn't sure if I was setting up something up incorrectly or if that is just how it is.

1.) I tend to only use Mythtv for playing recordings, if I'm going to watch live tv I'll just use the tv, recordings play without a problem and I can add a recording link to the main menu of Kodi which is great. Whats the best way to setup the recordings so they are similar to the Mythtv frontend? I guess a recently recorded view and a grouped view by tv show, also is there a skin that shows the metadata/fanart for a recording when it is grouped?
2.) Does anyone have any advice how to setup Kodi when using a backend with Mythwelcome, I've tried using WOL to wakeup the backend using kodi installed on Windows but this doesn't seem to work. The backend is definitely setup correctly as I can wakeup using an app from my phone, not too bothered at the moment as this might be just a Windows issue and might not be a problem with a Pi.
3.) Is there a skin available that is similar to Mythbuntu frontend but takes advantage of all the new kodi features? I've been happy with MythBuntu as a frontend, but the main reason I'm moving to Kodi is because it Myhtv isn't supported on a Raspberry Pi, really interested to know if I should try and get a similar experience or if I should be looking to just start a fresh with Kodi.
1. The standard mythtv PVR addon presents your ecordings in the same groups as on mythfrontend.

2. No idea, never used mythwelcome. But isn't the backend still running underneath?

3. None of the skins are that similar to any of the mythtv themes. Play around and see what you like. Eminience is pretty nice.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi setup for Mythtv backend0