Android ZRRO is an android box on Kickstarter that could be the perfect KODI remote
ZRRO is an android box raising funds on Kickstarter these days. The box is pretty standard, but the remote is what makes it special. It has a technology which can detect your fingers when they hover above the controller even without touching it, which results in the user knowing where his fingers are at in any given time. This essentially means that you can use touch interface on your TV, which opens an entire universe of possibilities.

Among those is KODI for Android of course. This is a super intuitive interface that feels much more natural than having to sit on the couch with the mouse on your lap.

I personally think it's very interesting, worth checking out for sure, possible a good buy for a media center. It can stream 4K video and has a pretty capable CPU and GPU, so shouldn't have any issues with performance...

Here's a link to the Kickstarter campaign, what do you think? Nod

First post on the forum is a "tip" about kickstarter campaign? Classy..

Dont believe in this. Pre pay, wait along time, to find out that im just another beta tester.
promoting things that don't have anything to do with Kodi.... It's a gamecontroller and not a mediacenter box
i'm waiting a bit before moving this to trash.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's a controller for an android box, it can be used for games just as well as for any other Android app, including Kodi. Though I can't prevent you from deleting this, I've seen a lot of interest for it on Kodi communities and that's why I thought it would interest the participants of this forum.

Thank you, and have a great day.
So several ppl wants to pay 149$ for a controller?

How would it even work? Your at home screen and want to go to settings, you press some where on the screen and just hope to hit i right? Volume etc?

Hard to compete with a normal remote like the fire tv for 15$.

Wouldn't be so negative if you wasnt obviously just registrered here to promote your campaign.
No thanks. Nothing that my Logitech Harmony cant do, and I am pretty happy with it.
I don't know if it is entirely practical for Kodi, but that's really neat.
(2015-03-01, 19:59)Belic Wrote: So several ppl wants to pay 149$ for a controller?

How would it even work? Your at home screen and want to go to settings, you press some where on the screen and just hope to hit i right? Volume etc?

Hard to compete with a normal remote like the fire tv for 15$.

Wouldn't be so negative if you wasnt obviously just registrered here to promote your campaign.

That's the price for the controller and the TV box. As for seeing where you are pressing... there's a video on the first post that explains the entire point of the product..
I get your point about me registering to promote my campaign, but that doesn't mean it's a scam or that you should be aware of the product. ZRRO is a legit company that's been developing this patented technology for a few years now, it's not going to take your money and vanish. I realize this seems spammy, but I honestly think this product can benefit the Kodi community, and have gotten that feedback from friends of mine who use Kodi on a daily basis and tried out ZRRO.
Regarding how will you know where you are going to press - this is entire point of ZRRO. Since the pad can detect your fingers before they even touch it, you have an indications where your fingers are at all time, which means you'll know where you are going to touch. BTW, volume still has a dedicated button for it on the remote, for easy access.

About the Logitech Harmony, which is an impressive remote for sure, but ZRRO can in fact do endless things the Harmony can't. With ZRRO you get a fully functional Android OS on your TV, not only compatible apps and games, but everything! If don't understand the difference, I recommend you watch the video in my first post. Thank you.
Woah there buddy. I don't see anybody insinuation that the project is a scam. What I do see is that your first post makes out like it's not your product. That seems disingenuous and would go some way to explaining a level of hostility you received.
It is a nice controller but the concept that allows to use it only on their box makes it useless at all. A controller should be connectible to any device.
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
(2015-03-02, 01:33)olarf Wrote: It is a nice controller but the concept that allows to use it only on their box makes it useless at all. A controller should be connectible to any device.

Currently you'll need to have the ZRRO Box in order to use the controller, but as more manufacturers implement the ZRRO drivers in their boxes it will be possible to use it with other machines as well. Plus, there is an added value as you get a fully functional Android device instead of just a media center, think of all the apps and games that you'll be able to use on your TV instead of them being limited to your smartphone or tablet.
(2015-03-02, 11:26)gevat Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 01:33)olarf Wrote: It is a nice controller but the concept that allows to use it only on their box makes it useless at all. A controller should be connectible to any device.

Currently you'll need to have the ZRRO Box in order to use the controller, but as more manufacturers implement the ZRRO drivers in their boxes it will be possible to use it with other machines as well. Plus, there is an added value as you get a fully functional Android device instead of just a media center, think of all the apps and games that you'll be able to use on your TV instead of them being limited to your smartphone or tablet.

How does it connect? Bluetooth?
(2015-03-02, 11:34)Ned Scott Wrote: How does it connect? Bluetooth?

Yes.
A video of ZRRO running KODI, for your enjoyment Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZRRO is an android box on Kickstarter that could be the perfect KODI remote1