Flickering PVR Playback
Hello,

This could be a Kodi 14.1 issue, but wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this problem. I have an HDHomerun tuner and a MythTV backend. Kodi runs on an Intel NUC running Windows 7. Regardless if I watch Live TV using the add-on or directly from the HDHomerun tuner, playback often flickers, jumps up and down, displays with a green tint, or a combination of all. I can pause the playback and restart and that seems to fix it most of the time, but it's a pretty bad annoyance. I don't see anything in the logs to indicate there's a problem. Any ideas on the cause of this?

thx
Anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
debug log (wiki)

Although it sounds like a tuning/signal strength problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Signal is good. I've not seen anything in the logs. It's less frequent now... so I'm just going to wait until 14.2 and see if that helps.
Ok, I think I stumbled onto a solution for this. The flickering normally starts right after changing a channel. If I press pause for about 10 seconds, enough time to build up a playback buffer, the flickering goes away. So apparently there is an issue with playing the live stream from the backend without a buffer. This seems like a bug to me... is here somewhere to post bug reports? I'm using Kodi 14.1 on Windows 7.

thx
Quote:is here somewhere to post bug reports?

If you are posting via a web browser, look at the top of the page. See, it says "Bugtracker".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-12, 08:38)nickr Wrote:
Quote:is here somewhere to post bug reports?

If you are posting via a web browser, look at the top of the page. See, it says "Bugtracker".

Ok, logged as #15857. This turned out to be a Kodi issue and not the add-on specifically.
This issue turned out to be a problem with the default deinterlacing setting. Changing it to on or off fixes the issue every time. The auto setting is apparently faulty.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flickering PVR Playback0