Win New build with existing parts, plus some advice.
Hi eveyrone,

First post so please be patient. Angel

I have been deciding what i shoud do for a while now but im looking at a HTPC or a Jailbroken Apple TV 2, my first question is can a HTPC have access to all the channels and features that an ATV2 can? i cant really find much info on that. Huh

Now, on building my own HTPC i have been leaning towards this because i am going to upgrade my PC and will have left over PC components, one of them being and i7 2600 processor, now this maybe over kill but i may aswell use it. the rest of the parts will be new because currently i have an ATX motherboard but i want a smaller box.

So, some hardware suggetions would be nice.

I figured it will be cheaper doing a HTPC because the price of the ATV2 is out of this world, but only if it can do what the ATV can.
ATV2 prices are out of this world because of a major misconception that the ATV2 is still a good buy for Kodi and other video stuff. This hasn't been true for years, and even after announcing that Kodi will no longer support the ATV2, prices are still high.

As far as "channels", please note that we cannot help you with add-ons or services that are explicitly for bootleg/pirate video. (see also forum rules (wiki) and banned add-ons (wiki)). Generally speaking, anything the ATV2 can do for Kodi, almost anything else that runs Kodi can also do.
Alright cool,

Thanks for that, first post and i' m breaking the rules. Oops!!!!
Also, what's everyone's thoughts on Kodi as an OS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build with existing parts, plus some advice.0