Wiimote - wminput freezes XBMC
Hi, I did not find any other post with keywords wiimote or wminput, so here's a new one.

I know that with Kodi we should have been an EvenClient support for the Wiimote, but I read that it's non-existent. IIRC somebody had sources for compilation etc...

What I did is I checkedout svn sources for cwiid, and after adapting some lines for it, I compiled and installed with the nunchuk_mouse plugin.
*Note* The MAIN reason I am using cwiid is because with this plugin you can use the nunchuk stick as mouse pointer. Seems to be the only piece of sw that does that.

When I start
Code:
wminput -d
it works well, I can control the UI and it's fast. But as soon as I try to play a movie, CPU goes to 100%. I lose even ssh access and have to hard-reset the raspberry pi. Sometimes I am able to kill wminput quickly and I get back in control tho.

I am quite convinced it has sth to do with WM management, but I don't really know how this works in standalone xbmc.
Have you tried wminput? Does it work well?

And please lets stay away from the classics (rm .xbmc; rm .kodi; clean db, etc...) I have a FRESH raspbmc installation, no samba, no ftp, no upnp. I tried to get it as thin as possible and still it freezes.
I have tried this with versions of raspbmc from November'14, Jan'15, and July'14.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wiimote - wminput freezes XBMC0