remotely start add-on to play using UPnP?
Not quite sure where this thread should be posted, so I will start here.

I use Timewasted's NHL Gamecenter plugin on my Amazon FireTV, which is connected wirelessly. On occasions the feed gets extremely choppy, and I can see the buffer emptying completely... and build very slowly. However, if I start the feed from a wired PC and use UPnP to 'Play Using' the FireTV, the cache stays at 100% and I get perfect playback. This is an issue that I am not here to troubleshoot.

My issue is that the wired PC and my AFTV are on different floors. Going on the thoughts about a headless server, it would be nice to be able to start the add-on using a remote app (I'm on Android devices) and choose the 'Play To' device. Currently, the remote app for Android does not appear to be able to 'Play To' another device (at least not that I saw... long click on a Movie from my NAS brought up other options but nothing for UPnP) and other than using the App as a remote control I do not see a way to start/control add-ons.

As I mentioned at the top, I am not sure where this topic belongs... Is this a limitation in the Remote Apps, or is this a limitation within KODI?
I meant to put this in 'Feature Requests', can a mod please move it.. Thanks.
moved
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remotely start add-on to play using UPnP?0