DTV and kodi compatible
Is there such a device that incorporates a digital tv tuner( DTV ) and capable of installing the kodi software. I know you can get almost every live tv channel on kodi but I would rather have my local OTA stations coming in thru antenna and the rest of what i stream on kodi. My biggest thing is that it is being hooked up to an older TV (hence the DTV box) and I do not have a USB or HDMI in.

Right now I'm looking at a DTV box on amazon for $30. On my main TV I use kodi for Windows via laptop , just looking at my best option to get local DTV channels, kodi, and hook it all up via composite/rca/coax.
Hi mattkilla,

You can try WeTek Play with WeTek ATSC Tuner.

http://kodi.wiki/view/WeTek_Play

There is option of OpenELEC or Android + Kodi. At OpenELEC you can use tvheadend or VDR, and at Android you can use Kodi + tvheadend.

Or maybe Chromebox or Raspberry Pi (2) with USB tuner. I have RPi with Sundtek DVB-C/T/T2 and AverMedia A935 and is working nice.
RPi2 or Chromebox with TV Headend (OpenElec?) and one of the few supported ATSC USB tuners could work (assuming from the $ that you are in North America?)
Man I got confused with the openELEC and TV head end talk. I'm a newb to this world. Is what your saying I would need a USB tuner with the above mentioned boxes?

I understand the wetek has a tuner just didn't understand the stuff that came after. I don't see how a antenna would be hooked up to the wetek either?

Edit - raspberry pi looks to be a comp board that installs in a computer, I'm looking for a set top box for an older TV (rca/composite)
Chromebox looks nice but way out of my price range. I am in N America.

My real purpose for this thread was I figured if I'm spending $30 for a DTV box if I could throw in the world of kodi for a bit more that would be great. Especially since I run kodi on a separate TV and could make it all connect thru network
(2015-03-02, 20:39)mattkilla Wrote: Man I got confused with the openELEC and TV head end talk. I'm a newb to this world. Is what your saying I would need a USB tuner with the above mentioned boxes?

I understand the wetek has a tuner just didn't understand the stuff that came after. I don't see how a antenna would be hooked up to the wetek either?

Edit - raspberry pi looks to be a comp board that installs in a computer, I'm looking for a set top box for an older TV (rca/composite)
Chromebox looks nice but way out of my price range. I am in N America.

My real purpose for this thread was I figured if I'm spending $30 for a DTV box if I could throw in the world of kodi for a bit more that would be great. Especially since I run kodi on a separate TV and could make it all connect thru network

Definitively what you need is an Wetek, but if you buy one mention at order that you need RCA cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTV and kodi compatible0