Attempting to show Director Thumbnail
Hi,

I was just wondering if views like directors could be updated i.e. a thumbnail for the director. So I took viewtype Tripanel as a starting point and know that it's ListPosterVar that generally displays say a tvshow season poster and from there I attempted to change variables.xml to include the following 2 lines within the LIstPosterVar:

<value condition="Container.Content(directors)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/directors/,.jpg]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/directors/,.jpg]</value>

I've found that Listitem.label is the directors name, so I attempted this by creating a directory extras/directors in the skin I'm using and then placing a jpg say for christopher nolan.

At the moment it's not working but what I'd like to know is if the syntax is sound and the idea is possible?

Have I got something wrong or is just not possible to have a thumbnail for a director when in movies > directors

Thanks

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Whats the full variable? The syntax and idea is sound - it might just be a problem with the order of variable conditions, or the filename case not matching perfectly.

Basically what you are doing with $INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/directors/,.jpg] is just sticking the label between, for instance if its Christopher Nolan then it will be special://skin/extras/directors/Christopher Nolan.jpg

However, you have to match file name cases. It might be useful to use [lowercase] tags to avoid case issues. i.e.
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/directors/[LOWERCASE],[/LOWERCASE].jpg]

then you can just use christopher nolan.jpg as the filename.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi jurialmunkey,

thanks for the info, I've tried the lowercase and re-positioning within the variable but no luck, will look at the viewtype incase there is a visible stopping it, would be nice if there was a way to confirm the variable is working, is there?

for reference the variable is currently:

<variable name="ListPosterVar">
<value condition="Container.Content(directors)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/directors/[LOWERCASE],[/LOWERCASE].jpg]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/directors/[LOWERCASE],[/LOWERCASE].jpg]</value>
<value condition="Stringcompare(ListItem.label,..)">DefaultFolderBack.png</value>
<value condition="Container.Content(genres)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/video/icons/,.jpg]</value>
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</value>
<value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.poster)]</value>
<!-- MAD - next 2 line for season poster @ episodes level-->
<value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Season,9)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season0,-poster.jpg]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</value>
<value condition="Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
</variable>

Mike,

P.S. credit to you for the seaon poster lines they work great in the skin I'm using, I found them over the weekend searching via google and the forums in an old post and I believe it was yourself that posted those lines.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
You'll need to remove the second variable otherwise none of the ones below it will work.

An easy way to see if the variable is correct is to use it in a label control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attempting to show Director Thumbnail0