Adding Address Bar To Skin
As for hiding one when they're both the same try using -

Code:
<visible>!StringCompare(Label_1,Label_2)</visible>
Thank You for both of your responses Hitcher.

Unfortunately I was not able to get either piece of advice to work for me.

I am going to eliminate the idea of having the two labels and I am just going to try to stick with just showing the main categories label, removing the "current folder" label from the equation.

I am unfamiliar with how to apply the "SubStrings" you mentioned.
I tried quite a few attempts but they were merely just guesses and not good ones.
I often have been having difficulty with knowing how and when to combine certain pieces of code.
The skinning manual I have is good, but in certain areas I find that it lacks examples of how to apply some things, this is understandable because the manual would have to be 8000 pages long if examples for everything were shown.
I know it is a lack of knowledge on my part, but when you do a find for the keyword "SubString" in the manual it shows one instance displaying the following...

SubString(info,string) Returns true if the string is found anywhere in the info
Which I am not entirely sure what to do with

Would you or anyone else that knows how to, be able to show me how the "SubString" code would work with the following code you had provided for me?

Code:
StringCompare(Container.FolderPath,Skin.String(vnodes1.path))

Thank You again for all your help
SubString needs the INFO tag added to the string.

Code:
SubString(Container.FolderPath,$INFO[Skin.String(vnodes1.path)])
Thank You for your response Hitcher, I unfortunately wasn't able to get this to work.

When I replaced the following code

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + StringCompare($INFO[Container.FolderPath],Skin.Setting(vnodes1.path))">TV SHOWS</value>

with the new suggested code

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + StringCompare(Container.FolderPath,$INFO[Skin.String(vnodes1.path)])

the label at the top left of my screen goes blank in my main navigation screen as well as in subfolders.
Did I do this right?

If you or anyone else has any more suggestions, I will give them a try.

Thank You again for sticking with me.
Sorry typo on my part -

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + SubString(Container.FolderPath,$INFO[Skin.String(vnodes1.path)])">TV SHOWS</value>
Thank You again for your response Hitcher, but unfortunately I was not able to get the above advice to work.
If you have any other ideas I am still interested in giving them a try.
Does anyone by any chance use video nodes in their skin that would be willing to try out the above code provided by Hitcher, to see if I am doing something incorrectly?
Hitcher

Sorry to bother you but I never actually asked, have you tried out this code and been able to get it to work on any skin of yours?

Thank You
I haven't as I don't use video nodes in any of them.
What I do with problems like this is display the labels to see what their values actually are.

eg

Code:
<label>$INFO[Container.FolderPath] / $INFO[Skin.String(vnodes1.path)]</label>
Thank You again Hitcher for your response.

Okay, so first off I applied your "Test Label" above in the skin I am working on.
Test Label Part 1 - The "Container.Folderpath" part of the label returns the current folder path you are in when you enter the video nodes file navigation screen, which makes sense.
Test Label Part 2 - This part returns the path of the video node itself, which makes sense.

When I first enter the video node, the two parts of the test label are identical.
When I go into a subfolder within the video node, the first part of the test label changes adding the name of that subfolder to the end of the file path and the second part of the test label still stays the same, showing the path of the vnode.

Not sure exactly what to do with that information, but I figured I would share this with you if you see anything here that stands out.
I removed this post of mine because it was no longer relevant.
(2015-04-21, 03:24)miketurn1234 Wrote: Thank You again Hitcher for your response.
If you are still interested in this topic, I will split my response into to replies.

Okay, so first off I applied your "Test Label" above in the skin I am working on.
Test Label Part 1 - The "Container.Folderpath" part of the label returns the current folder path you are in when you enter the video nodes file navigation screen, which makes sense.
Test Label Part 2 - This part returns the path of the video node itself, which makes sense.

When I first enter the video node, the two parts of the test label are identical.
When I go into a subfolder within the video node, the first part of the test label changes adding the name of that subfolder to the end of the file path and the second part of the test label still stays the same, showing the path of the vnode.

Not sure exactly what to do with that information, but I figured I would share this with you if you see anything here that stands out.
Should work then. Have you tried this?

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(videolibrary) + SubString(Container.FolderPath,$INFO[Skin.String(vnodes1.path)])">TV SHOWS</value>

Or

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(videolibrary) + SubString(Container.FolderPath,$INFO[Skin.String(vnodes1.path)],left)">TV SHOWS</value>
Thank you again Hitcher.
I tried the above two pieces of code you offered, but unfortunately these did not work either.
Interestingly enough, I started messing around a bit more with this issue and I found something that worked.

Okay, so in getting more into this issue I see more clearly now what your code recommendations should be doing, although I am still not exactly sure why they are not. As I mentioned the paths from the test label you offered match up so as you said, they should work.

Anyways, instead of having it generate the vnode path I just put the path into the code, and it works great.

Code:
<value condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml) + SubString(Container.FolderPath,C:\FILES\TV SHOWS)">TV SHOWS</value>

Again, the code you provided is generating the same path so I am not sure why the $INFO part is not working, but at least I can see that it does work.
I am okay with these results, I just wanted to share what I have found and to thank you again for all your help, no way I would have gotten this far without all of the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Address Bar To Skin0