Shared mysql library now has duplicates for all TV episodes
All of the sudden I now have duplicate entries for every single TV episode in my library. It started about 2-3 weeks ago and it's only TV shows, not movies, music, etc.

I'm using a mixture of 2 Openelec machines (latest 5.05) and two Mac Kodi installs, all using the same Mysql library, which has worked perfectly until now.

I have a script that goes through and removes any ._ mac related files, that was the first thing I checked and a 'clean library' doesn't remove any of the duplicates. The duplicates definitely point to exactly the same file.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Could this be something to do with Kodi sharing/pushing out some sort of UPNP library across the network? I've always used a Mysql library so I don't know how UPNP stuff works.
Do they point to the same file via EXACTLY the same path?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
They certainly do, yes.
Select a video and press info (or select info from the context menu) and compare the direct paths. Kodi is picky and even case sensitive about paths, so it might just be that one "phantom" path has an uppercase letter.
Yeah you're right, somewhere along the line it has added the hostname version of each file along side the original IP address reference.

That's really annoying because I can't see any way of getting around starting a new database from scratch and have to go through one by one to restore watched status.

EDIT: So I had a bit of a think about it and ended up fixing it by renaming my unRAID box's hostname to something else but kept the same IP address. I then did a clean library, this removed all entries pointing to the old hostname. After that was finished I changed the hostname back and everything was normal again.

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared mysql library now has duplicates for all TV episodes0