Win keyboard doesnot work in kodi for typing
i use windows 7 and the keyboard was working in xmbc but after i install kodi i cant use keyboard to type any search
mouse works keyboard some keys works as like short cut keys but not as input as letter writing.
What type of keyboard is it?
Are you talking about your physical keyboard is not being registered in Kodi, or the keyboard that pops up within Kodi isn't working. You said you upgraded to Kodi, I'm assuming it is a skin that isn't compatible with Helix.
i have laptop i want to write and search but it doesnot type in kodi in any video or anywhere
the skin is confluence
I am having the same issue with KODI. I have been using Gathom and installed KODI on another Windows 7 machine I have. Clean instal no problems. but when I try to search for anything( movie or TV program ) the popup keyboard comes up template only with no letters in the key boxes.When I attempt to use my computers keyboard some unknown command is sent and it faults and locks up
Using the same system and set up on the Gatham machine and everything is working great.I have tried wireless keyboards and mice as well as wired keyboards and mice. I dont want to have to reinstall unless I have no other option. I am afraid to use the backup since I am pretty sure it has the same problem. The only programs on this machine is Kodi and the pgms tha came on the windows 7 unit. I was just strating the build when I found this. any ideas or should I reburn the unit? Thanks
CPU:HP5700
Pent. 4 with 8g,300ghd and 1tb external
these were specialized machines but the other one works great and I wanted upgrade it to KODI so I was trying it out on this one befor converting the other machine over
Thanks again
(2015-03-04, 03:24)jomaru57 Wrote: I am having the same issue with KODI. I have been using Gathom and installed KODI on another Windows 7 machine I have. Clean instal no problems. but when I try to search for anything( movie or TV program ) the popup keyboard comes up template only with no letters in the key boxes.When I attempt to use my computers keyboard some unknown command is sent and it faults and locks up
Using the same system and set up on the Gatham machine and everything is working great.I have tried wireless keyboards and mice as well as wired keyboards and mice. I dont want to have to reinstall unless I have no other option. I am afraid to use the backup since I am pretty sure it has the same problem. The only programs on this machine is Kodi and the pgms tha came on the windows 7 unit. I was just strating the build when I found this. any ideas or should I reburn the unit? Thanks
CPU:HP5700
Pent. 4 with 8g,300ghd and 1tb external
these were specialized machines but the other one works great and I wanted upgrade it to KODI so I was trying it out on this one befor converting the other machine over
Thanks again

I think your's is a different problem, if you don't see the virtual keyboard properly then the skin you're using is not compatible with Helix, switch back to Confluence and once confirmed working there look for an updated version of your previous skin.
I have similar problem.keyboard wired or wireless don't seem to work properly with any skin in kodi 14 or 15.
Typing letters is fine, but typing numbers using the top layer of standard keyboard doesn't work properly,using NumLock with numbers keyboard right area works tho.
Logitech k400 only have numbers top layer,everything worked fine on earlier versions-any chance fixing it?
i also donot see any alphabets in the popup keyboard just the done capslock button only
In that case you're not using a compatible skin, you say you're using Confluence however is it perhaps one of the modified version such as the 7 home menu item one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keyboard doesnot work in kodi for typing0