How to run two versions of Kodi
Hi there - i am running two "productive" Instances of Kodi 14.2 (RC) on two seperate linux (debian) devices.
On my Worstation (Ubuntu) i also run Kodi 14.2 - mainly for testing addons, updates of pvr-stuff and more flexible interactive scraping.
All these Kodi-Instances conect to single mysql-databases for music and video - Metadata. All of them are compiled from git

I would like to test Kodi - master (15.x) on that machibne (Ubuntu) too.
I know that i need to configure for a backup of the database in advanced-settings and most likely it will be easiest if i run kodi with a different user - but:

I would consider dual-boot being an overkill to just test a single application.

How can i make sure that my binaries libs, addons etc. are kept seperate (usr/local/bin - /usr/local/share/kodi, /usr/local/lib/kodi) - what is the preferred approach except from dual-boot?
kodi3: LE 7.93.5 on Pi3
kodi4: LE 7.93.5 on Wetek Play 2
Server vdr 2.2.0, vnsi,...
You can build from source. Those are automatically install to /usr/local ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
since you said, you compile yourself, just start directly out of the source dir, without installing. And use portable mode.
"portable" mode?
ok - found option "-p" for portable mode - will try that.

where will kodi put the .kodi -directory and where/how will i have to build/install the pvr-addons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to run two versions of Kodi0