Hardware Speed
In which files does kodi read the device's speed to base its own speed off of? I have come across an apk based off of kodi which is running 1000% faster so everything loads way faster. I am trying to replicate and test but do not know how that was done. If someone can please point me in the right direction.?
lol
(2015-03-04, 09:43)wsnipex Wrote: lol

Thats the answer I thought I would be getting.

Anyways...is it not possible?
this whole post doesn't make much sense to give a proper answer...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-03-04, 18:47)Memphiz Wrote: this whole post doesn't make much sense to give a proper answer...

Ok let me rephrase.

I came across a custom Kodi apk for android which was overclocked, so I want to know how that can be done?
Makes more sense, already Wink

You might be able to overclock your device with sysfs magic, but Kodi is not the proper place to do so. The code would be fully dependent on vendor/device/model and even firmware.

There was some code specific to amlogic inside Kodi, but it has been removed for this reason.
you should ask the provider of the apk then on how he accomplished it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I do not have contact info of provider. Is it possible to view the files from the apk?
(2015-03-07, 17:52)ericlak Wrote: I do not have contact info of provider. Is it possible to view the files from the apk?

Which files? The source files?

Yes, it is possible to decompile Android apps written in Java to get an almost complete source code. But that is only for the Java portion. If the app has native parts,
decompiling them is much harder. So, you could decompile Kodi but there is little Java code there. Decompiling libkodi.so will be much harder.

There's no magic in what that APK is doing. It's probably something very simple and stupid. Maybe even removing vsync :-) which gives the perception that everything
is faster, only it really isn't better.
(2015-03-08, 11:41)voguemaster Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 17:52)ericlak Wrote: I do not have contact info of provider. Is it possible to view the files from the apk?

Which files? The source files?

Yes, it is possible to decompile Android apps written in Java to get an almost complete source code. But that is only for the Java portion. If the app has native parts,
decompiling them is much harder. So, you could decompile Kodi but there is little Java code there. Decompiling libkodi.so will be much harder.

There's no magic in what that APK is doing. It's probably something very simple and stupid. Maybe even removing vsync :-) which gives the perception that everything
is faster, only it really isn't better.
I think the animations in the skin have been sped up to make it seem fast because changing the skin loses the fast speed. Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware Speed0