Installing Kodibuntu, Plymouth issue.
Hello all!

This is my first steps on Kodibuntu. I looked my problem online but couldn't find any suitable answers.

I'm trying to setup an old computer with decent specs as a media station for our living room. I can't manage to install kodibuntu tho. Both live and installation give me the same error "Plymouthd; could not start boot splash ; can not access a needed shared library."

It may be noob but I'm stuck there. In my research I've seen that this may sometime occur with older computer, and it could be fixed by uninstalling Plymouth. I can't find how to uninstall it since it's running from live cd.

Anyone can help?

Thanks!
Up, still stuck.
Can't believe I am the only one with this issue since it happens on all of my computer.

I read previous version of Plymouth had that issue but it's fixed now. Does kodi use an old version of Plymouth?

Please help!
What version of kodibuntu did you download?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,

14.0 rc-Helix, which seems to be the latest one.
I've noticed 14.2 has been released but I haven't found kodibuntu on 14.2, only the kodi software.

If it can help, I've been using the 32bit version.

Thanks!
Why would anyone be using the 32 bit version in this day and age?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Because the machine I'm installing it unto in 32bit. Could the 64bit version fix the issue?
What is the cpu?
I had the same problem and spent two hours to solve this issue. I turned on debug mode to plymouth and found the root of problem - there is no framebuffer device to use by plymouth (plymouth could not open '/dev/fb0'). After some googling I found the solution: set proposed video mode and add "GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep" string to /etc/default/grub
Code:
GRUB_GFXMODE=800x600-32
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

Also edit /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
Code:
FRAMEBUFFER=y

And after that run:

Code:
sudo update-initramfs -u
sudo update-grub2
Smile 
Not sure if this will help everyone, but in this instance it worked for me.

I was experiencing the same problem with my install, couldn't even get KODI to load from live disc.

Turns out the burn was a dud, so I reburnt the iso at the lowest speed possible on my desktop system, and set DAO mode.

Worked a treat now I've got a shiny new KODI install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Kodibuntu, Plymouth issue.0