v14 SMB takes 10 minutes to locate on startup
I was using OpenELEC 5.0.3 and ever since I updated to that one, I found that Kodi no longer can find my smb quickly. It takes about 10 minutes from start up to. I updated to OpenELEC 5.0.5 in hopes that it would fix it but no, still same issue. Before, it took 10-15 seconds on startup to find smb. If I go to add sources, when i go to workgroup, it says "error 2 - share not available". When I try to update library, it just says "preparing" for long periods of time.

Can anyone please help me fix this? I am not sure if it is a setting issue or update issue. I have not changed any of my smb settings on my PC since.
What is your smb server - a Windows PC, or NAS? How are you accessing the share, IP address or hostname?

I'm not using 5.0.5 (instead I'm using test builds based on master and Kodi 15) but haven't noticed any problems with smb connection delays... maybe try a test build to see if there's any difference (it's using a more recent version of the samba lib).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Try turning off the firewall on your local network. It may help.

My Pi 2 locates SMB shares quickly, but I cannot add shares unless I turn off the firewall. I get the same error as you with it on. Once the share is added, I can turn the firewall back on, and it will work perfectly.

Edit.. Still on 5.0.3.
(2015-03-04, 09:48)Milhouse Wrote: What is your smb server - a Windows PC, or NAS? How are you accessing the share, IP address or hostname?

I'm not using 5.0.5 (instead I'm using test builds based on master and Kodi 15) but haven't noticed any problems with smb connection delays... maybe try a test build to see if there's any difference (it's using a more recent version of the samba lib).

Hi, Thanks for the reply, it is a Windows PC server. I wanted to set up NAS but I am on Windows 7 Pro. I am accessing it via hostname. I am not sure if there is a samba file I can look for within kodi that I can "edit/remove" to reset to default...
(2015-03-04, 10:11)Theron Wrote: Try turning off the firewall on your local network. It may help.

My Pi 2 locates SMB shares quickly, but I cannot add shares unless I turn off the firewall. I get the same error as you with it on. Once the share is added, I can turn the firewall back on, and it will work perfectly.

Edit.. Still on 5.0.3.

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion! I tried to turn off the firewall and then i located my smb file.
Here is what happend:
1) Without issue, it found my smb.
2) But once i reboot my Pi, on startup it shows a red "x" (which usually appears when they fail to find something). Typically when you see the red x, it will say Mac Discovery failed. In this case, it just shows a red x without any words.
3) When I tried to go to my smb, it has same issue as before (unable to find the smb).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB takes 10 minutes to locate on startup0