• 116(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-11-27, 14:47)Pitbull_Raven Wrote:
(2015-11-27, 14:15)rafita Wrote: Shield TV + SHIELD Remote 159€ amazon.fr http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B015CM43...ge_o00_s00

Thanks for the reply. My french is a bit rusty but I think this item ships with a free remote if I add a remote sold by and shipped by Amazon? Trouble is I can't find the remote sold by and shipped by Amazon. Only a Maison du Numerique.

Edit: Never mind. Found it. Out of stock and also for some reason it doesn't discount from the total value.

Edit 2: Found the issue. All solved. Ordered but remote is out of stock so it'll take a while to arrive.

now In stock
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-11-27, 21:11)looun Wrote:
(2015-11-27, 14:47)Pitbull_Raven Wrote:
(2015-11-27, 14:15)rafita Wrote: Shield TV + SHIELD Remote 159€ amazon.fr http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B015CM43...ge_o00_s00

Thanks for the reply. My french is a bit rusty but I think this item ships with a free remote if I add a remote sold by and shipped by Amazon? Trouble is I can't find the remote sold by and shipped by Amazon. Only a Maison du Numerique.

Edit: Never mind. Found it. Out of stock and also for some reason it doesn't discount from the total value.

Edit 2: Found the issue. All solved. Ordered but remote is out of stock so it'll take a while to arrive.

now In stock

I still get the info the TV remote is out of stock. Only the console with game controller is on stock.
Anyone has a file video test file up to 150mbps bitrate that can test in Nvidia..
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Highest I've seen is 120Mbps Jellyfish... why do you need higher? For 4K?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Just curiosity because the Bluray UltraHD specs are higher than 120mbps..

From bluray white paper specs (August 2015)

Several physical reading speeds are selectable by drive according to content’s required data transfer rate.
The allowable Transfer Rate (TR) that are specified for various disc capacity types are as follows:
- For 50 GB disc: 72 Mbps (Low TR option) and 92 Mbps (default TR) are specified.
1 - For 66 GB & 100 GB disc: 92 Mbps (Low TR option), 123 Mbps (default TR) and 144 Mbps* (High TR option) are specified.

Note: *1: A portion of the capacity in the inner radius have same transfer rate as default TR, in order to keep disc rotation speed within 5000 rpm.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

When it Come to the playstore are all app available for the shield to be used or only apps that shield can use. Say for example chess that is commonly use as a touch interface on phones and tablets.
(2015-11-28, 15:33)couto27 Wrote: Just curiosity because the Bluray UltraHD specs are higher than 120mbps..

From bluray white paper specs (August 2015)

Several physical reading speeds are selectable by drive according to content’s required data transfer rate.
The allowable Transfer Rate (TR) that are specified for various disc capacity types are as follows:
- For 50 GB disc: 72 Mbps (Low TR option) and 92 Mbps (default TR) are specified.
1 - For 66 GB & 100 GB disc: 92 Mbps (Low TR option), 123 Mbps (default TR) and 144 Mbps* (High TR option) are specified.

Note: *1: A portion of the capacity in the inner radius have same transfer rate as default TR, in order to keep disc rotation speed within 5000 rpm.

Presumably the easiest way of creating a 4K file with bitrate similar to that of the new 4K/UHD Blu-ray spec is to encode some 4K content at a high bitrate using x265 or ffmpeg?

Of course the new Blu-ray standard will, presumably, also include new encryption techniques, so it may be a while before we can backup our 4K Blu-rays to allow them to play on a device of our chosing anyway...
I'm using kodi 15.2 on the 16GB shield.

I've run into a problem where SD live TV (via tvheadend) has the wrong aspect ratio (4:3).
If I turn off hardware accelleration then the aspect ratio is shown correctly (16:9).

HD live TV seems to work fine.

The same version of kodi on OpenElec 6.0 and Win7 with the same tvheadend video stream gets the aspect ratio right.

Is this a known limitation of either mediacodec or libstagefright?

Thanks!

-- gyre --
Does it do it on all SD channels gyre? Some 16:9 channels on UK Freeview are sent with 544x576, others with 704/720x576. All the DVB-T SD stuff uses MPEG2 (for others who are possibly able to help)
yes, it happens on all the first 30 SD channels I tested on UK freesat. All the HD ones were fine. All the SD ones were squished.
This is using the latest tvheadend from the git repository (4.1-1076~g96be4884) talking via sat2ip to a elgato netstream 4sat tuner.
[edit]: using 'O' I can see that it is using mpeg2video on the SD channels and h264 on the HD ones i've looked at.
Hi,

Has anybody run into problems regarding wake up from sleep and HDMI handshakes with the Shield? I do not have a shield (yet anyhow) but have a Nexus Player also based on Android TV with which I have issues. Connected to my Panasonic plasma directly I do not have any problems but I cannot wake the device up from sleep if connected to the TV through my Pioneer AVR (only sound is heard but image remains black). Do any of you have any issues like this with the Shield (as both devices are based on Android TV)? I have seen mentioned issues similar on the Nvidia forum but the posts are inconclusive. Just asking before I invest my money in yet another box... Any input would be welcome!
(2015-11-28, 23:00)pappaganush Wrote: Hi,

Has anybody run into problems regarding wake up from sleep and HDMI handshakes with the Shield? I do not have a shield (yet anyhow) but have a Nexus Player also based on Android TV with which I have issues. Connected to my Panasonic plasma directly I do not have any problems but I cannot wake the device up from sleep if connected to the TV through my Pioneer AVR (only sound is heard but image remains black). Do any of you have any issues like this with the Shield (as both devices are based on Android TV)? I have seen mentioned issues similar on the Nvidia forum but the posts are inconclusive. Just asking before I invest my money in yet another box... Any input would be welcome!

Handshaking yes, check this thread:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...ing-video/
(2015-11-28, 19:39)gyre Wrote: yes, it happens on all the first 30 SD channels I tested on UK freesat. All the HD ones were fine. All the SD ones were squished.
This is using the latest tvheadend from the git repository (4.1-1076~g96be4884) talking via sat2ip to a elgato netstream 4sat tuner.
[edit]: using 'O' I can see that it is using mpeg2video on the SD channels and h264 on the HD ones i've looked at.

This worked for me on another platform...
In Isengard > Video Settings > Playback > Display 4:3 video as > Stretch 16:9

In Jarvis if my memory is correct the setting is 16:9 Non Linear

Managed to bag one of these on the amazon offer the other day.

Apologies if these questions have been asked before, is there a way to use a wireless xbox 360 controller and what are any reasonably priced bluetooth keyboards with track pads that work well with this

Thanks
(2015-11-29, 06:32)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-11-28, 19:39)gyre Wrote: yes, it happens on all the first 30 SD channels I tested on UK freesat. All the HD ones were fine. All the SD ones were squished.

This worked for me on another platform...
In Isengard > Video Settings > Playback > Display 4:3 video as > Stretch 16:9

In Jarvis if my memory is correct the setting is 16:9 Non Linear

Yup, that's my current workaround. Thanks.

As it only happens on live TV, I'm hoping there's a way to use advancedsettings.xml to specify that, otherwise watching old 4:3 episodes of law and order will be painful Smile

-- gyre --
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9