Remote Help (Program buttons) - SOLVED
Hello

I am looking for a bit of guidance, I am running the latest version of kodi on my RP and I have a Samsung Smart TV with Anynet+ (CEC) so my TV remote just works automatically with the Pi which is awesome, however there a couple of things I'd like to tweak and can't for the life of me figure it out.

First of all a lot of the instructions to do it manually state that the keyboard.xml file will need editing to assign the relevant codes etc, well I don't have a keyboard.xml file for startersHuh

I installed the official key mapping addon and assigned the keys I wanted and it generated an xml file called gen.xml which is located here:

\\RASPBMC\pi\.kodi\userdata\keymaps

It said it had saved the changes and sure enough if I re-open the addon they are still there.

The XML file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<keymap>

-<global>

-<keyboard>

<key id="254">skipnext</key>

<key id="251">skipprevious</key>

<key id="206">runaddon(plugin.audio.musicbox)</key>

</keyboard>

</global>

</keymap>

So it all looks good, but the remote buttons do not do anything or just retain their original functionality even after a reboot... Any suggestions on this?

Thanks
Sometimes not all of the TV remote's buttons are exposed to other devices over CEC. If the keymap add-on didn't see or change the behavior then that is likely the case.
Thanks for the reply I considered that too and I'm sure you're right for some of the remote buttons however if I press the blue button on my remote for example it opens pictures so surely I should be able to change that to open music? All the buttons I am wanting to change already have some functionality that is not desired?
Ha!!

You're not going to believe this but I just fixed it and the solution was fairly obvious I guess....I should have tried it sooner.

There is obviously a glitch with the keymap addon it generates "gen.xml" which kodi ignores as it has no meaning. I renamed it "keyboard.xml" and now ALL my changes work! Fantastic!

Hopefully this will help someone else who has the same bizarre behaviour from the addon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Help (Program buttons) - SOLVED0