Raspberri Pi 2 blinking problem
Hi,

I am having this strange issue with raspberry pi 2. It's a color square blinking on top right of the screen. You can see it in video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veyXehGV...e=youtu.be

A problem with my new raspberry pi 2? Should i send it back?

Thanks.
It's a low power indicator, you need a better power supply
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
my power supply is 2.1mA... Hmmm, strange.

Thanks for your answer...
It could be power supply or the cable between power supply and Pi.
Details here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...29&t=82373
(2015-03-05, 00:42)tfouto Wrote: my power supply is 2.1mA... Hmmm, strange.

Thanks for your answer...

Think you mean 2.1A, not mA. And it isn't an undercurrent warning it's an under voltage warning. Some PSUs will deliver high currents, but drop the voltage as they do so, and too low a voltage causes that warning. Not all PSUs are suitable... And there are lots of not very suitable PSUs.

Similar thin cables will drop more voltage across their length as they are higher resistance (V=IR) - so thin cables can be an issue too.
Yes i mean 2.1A.

Afterall it was just the usb cable. It was not thin at all. Maybe has a problem.

I change the cable and everything was fine.

Thanks
(2015-03-05, 02:12)tfouto Wrote: Yes i mean 2.1A.

Afterall it was just the usb cable. It was not thin at all. Maybe has a problem.

I change the cable and everything was fine.

Thanks

I had a similar experience when I recently got a Pi 2. The cable looked quite thick, so I suspected the power supply, but it turned out that it was the cable and swapping to a cable fixed it even though the new cable appeared not as thick.

So you can't judge a cable by it's external thickness alone sadly, which makes it difficult to purchase a cable for the Pi without knowing beforehand if it's good or not. Perhaps it's just best to get one of those power supplies with integrated cable that I've seen popcornmix link to rather than buying 4 or 5 microsd cables until you find a good one.

Ben

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberri Pi 2 blinking problem0