• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
@ blondeshanks: I would prefer to add a widget with In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies instead as I myself could use that feature. What do you think?
(2015-10-06, 23:21)Gade Wrote: @ blondeshanks: I would prefer to add a widget with In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies instead as I myself could use that feature. What do you think?
Hi Gade,

Sounds good as it sounds like it will mirror the TV Shows screen. Would it be possible to have In Cinemas/Upcoming top left and maybe a latest trailers or something similar underneath?

Maybe you could then add a Recommended Movies under the Recently Added widget?

Hope this doesn't sound too demanding or presumptuous on my part Shy

At the end of the day, I'm happy with anything you implement Big Grin
(2015-10-07, 09:28)blondeshanks Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 23:21)Gade Wrote: @ blondeshanks: I would prefer to add a widget with In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies instead as I myself could use that feature. What do you think?
Hi Gade,

Sounds good as it sounds like it will mirror the TV Shows screen. Would it be possible to have In Cinemas/Upcoming top left and maybe a latest trailers or something similar underneath?

Maybe you could then add a Recommended Movies under the Recently Added widget?

Hope this doesn't sound too demanding or presumptuous on my part Shy

At the end of the day, I'm happy with anything you implement Big Grin

In Cinemas is one widget top left and Upcoming Movies is another widget bottom left.

When you click the movies from the widgets, the movie information dialog of the selected movie will appear. In that you can launch the trailer.

Under the Recently Added widget is the In Progress (recommended) widget. Don't you see that widget (maybe you have disabled it in the skin settings)?
@ blondeshanks:

I have just pushed a new development version to my repo.

So if you would like to test out the new movie widgets, I'll be more than happy to get some feedback Smile
(2015-10-11, 14:16)Gade Wrote: @ blondeshanks:

I have just pushed a new development version to my repo.

So if you would like to test out the new movie widgets, I'll be more than happy to get some feedback Smile
Sounds good to me. Will check it out and hopefully have some feedback in the next day or so Big Grin
Hi Gade,

Just testing now, first impression is wow! Really good... just one small issue so far is when I click to play a trailer it doesn't play in the window but full screen and overlays the screen info (top bar, weather, rating etc) over it?

I also noticed in the settings there is an option for in progress/ random. I assume this is for the TV Shows screen? Would you consider adding a random/recommended widget for Movies under the Recently Added Movies widget?

Will report if I run into any other issues but I'm really grateful for your hard work and including these widgets

Thanks Big Grin
(2015-10-11, 18:36)blondeshanks Wrote: Just testing now, first impression is wow! Really good... just one small issue so far is when I click to play a trailer it doesn't play in the window but full screen and overlays the screen info (top bar, weather, rating etc) over it?

I'm really glad you like it.

Yeah, I've been meaning to fix that for a while now. It's definately on my to-do-list, and I think I might look into it tonight Smile

For now, you can press Tab to get rid of it...

(2015-10-11, 18:36)blondeshanks Wrote: I also noticed in the settings there is an option for in progress/ random. I assume this is for the TV Shows screen? Would you consider adding a random/recommended widget for Movies under the Recently Added Movies widget?

In Progress movies / episodes are the same as Recommended Movies / Episodes.

The widget In Progress applies to movies and tv show episodes, and the widget Random applies to music. All those widgets are in the bottom, which is why they're in the same skin setting.

Don't you already see an In Progress (Recommended) widget for your movies? It already exists. Smile
@Gade,

I have a recently added movies widget and that's it. By In Progress, I would assume I would need to have one of my movies to be 'in progress' as it were? I usually watch movies from beginning to end so that's why I would prefer a separate Recommended Movies widget.

Sounds like I'm rambling a bit so hope this makes sense?
Yes, you will need to have some unfinished movies in your library for the widget to display them. Smile

The movie widgets will stay as they are for now.
(2015-10-11, 21:02)Gade Wrote: Yes, you will need to have some unfinished movies in your library for the widget to display them. Smile

The movie widgets will stay as they are for now.
Okay, thanks Gade

Keep up the good work Smile
Awesome skin guys! I was a long time Aeon Nox user but find this skin exactly what I was looking for. Is there any chance that support for ROM Collection Browser is in Rapier's future?

Thank you for all your hard work!
(2015-10-13, 00:58)rossdret Wrote: Awesome skin guys! I was a long time Aeon Nox user but find this skin exactly what I was looking for. Is there any chance that support for ROM Collection Browser is in Rapier's future?

Hi rossdret.

Thanks so much for all the kind words - it really means a lot Smile

ROM Collection Browser is not something I can use myself, and since it (according to this page) requires 8 script windows, it's not likely to happen anytime soon Smile

Sorry.

But if someone's willing to skin the windows for Rapier, I'll be more than happy to review them and include then with the skin.

Cheers
Gade
@Gade

Can you look into the music section on home screen please. When I install music addons I cant access them to play music. I hit the music home screen button and it shows playlist and music addons. If I hit either of them nothing happens. If I use the music addon sub-menu I can list the music addons but cant enter any of them. I have to go to addon info then hit launch button to expand the music addon (any music addon does this). Once expanded I cannot run any of them. Seems as if the left click and enter key is messed up for this section. I have tried 8.3.5 and your master version on github and both do the same thing. I have made sure I have all included dependencies with each version of Rapier but no luck. I have tried on fresh install with only one musci addon enabled but still no luck. I did notice that all music addons are disabled and wont enable. I do not understand this issue. I have enabled music library as well with no difference. If you wish to do a remote session so I can show you, we can, if your ok with that. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Tested with Kodi 15.1 and 15.2 RC3 but music section is broken. Kodi default skins work perfect but would like to enjoy your skin if possible. Any thoughts?

I even tried disabling the music home screen category and creating a new one but the same still happens. Seems the preset for music category is not correct.
(2015-10-15, 23:55)Dunn1234 Wrote: @Gade

Can you look into the music section on home screen please. When I install music addons I cant access them to play music. I hit the music home screen button and it shows playlist and music addons. If I hit either of them nothing happens. If I use the music addon sub-menu I can list the music addons but cant enter any of them. I have to go to addon info then hit launch button to expand the music addon (any music addon does this). Once expanded I cannot run any of them. Seems as if the left click and enter key is messed up for this section. I have tried 8.3.5 and your master version on github and both do the same thing. I have made sure I have all included dependencies with each version of Rapier but no luck. I have tried on fresh install with only one musci addon enabled but still no luck. I did notice that all music addons are disabled and wont enable. I do not understand this issue. I have enabled music library as well with no difference. If you wish to do a remote session so I can show you, we can, if your ok with that. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Tested with Kodi 15.1 and 15.2 RC3 but music section is broken. Kodi default skins work perfect but would like to enjoy your skin if possible. Any thoughts?

I even tried disabling the music home screen category and creating a new one but the same still happens. Seems the preset for music category is not correct.

Hi Dunn1234.

This is the first time ever I hear of this.

I need more info than this to look into it. Which platform do you run?

Posting a debug log and screenshots will also be a great help.

The master branch on Github is for Kodi 16 Jarvis, so be very careful installing that one for Isengard. The music library nodes are changed between Kodi 15 and 16, so this might have messed with your system. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the skin presets or paths.

Which music add-ons are you trying to run and which version numbers do they have? If your add-ons are disabled, they will not show up in the music section.

You can try to delete the AddonsXX.db file inside ...\Kodi\userdata\Database\ and see if it helps. Remember to backup the file first.
(2015-10-13, 08:38)Gade Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 00:58)rossdret Wrote: Awesome skin guys! I was a long time Aeon Nox user but find this skin exactly what I was looking for. Is there any chance that support for ROM Collection Browser is in Rapier's future?

Hi rossdret.

Thanks so much for all the kind words - it really means a lot Smile

ROM Collection Browser is not something I can use myself, and since it (according to this page) requires 8 script windows, it's not likely to happen anytime soon Smile

Sorry.

But if someone's willing to skin the windows for Rapier, I'll be more than happy to review them and include then with the skin.

Cheers
Gade
Where could I learn to do that? If it is just time consuming but easy is like to help! I just got involved with rom collection browser and it is awesome!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2