• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
Different Problem: I just noticed this. On the Artist Information page I can only mouseover two of the five headings, like this:

Discography | Extra Info | Refresh | Get Thumb | Get Fanart

ALSO: I can't press to the left of the screen to get the options menu along the top (with view options, refresh, etc.).

Anybody else also get this issue? Or did I somehow change a setting?
(2015-07-25, 12:54)TeflonDog Wrote: Different Problem: I just noticed this. On the Artist Information page I can only mouseover two of the five headings, like this:

Discography | Extra Info | Refresh | Get Thumb | Get Fanart

ALSO: I can't press to the left of the screen to get the options menu along the top (with view options, refresh, etc.).

Anybody else also get this issue? Or did I somehow change a setting?

Let me start by answering this post first.

You have enabled Kiosk mode in Skin Settings -> General.
(2015-07-25, 06:08)TeflonDog Wrote: I can create the parent node and the nodes within it, but the custom icon for the node is not working. I'm testing this out with my jazz collection, so basically:

Jazz (Parent node) <-- custom icon does not show up in Library mode
Vocal (node)
Instrumental (node)

The nodes do show up though.

However, I've got vocal and instrumental tagged in the song comment tag... that's a different issue though. Wink

Could you please try out the same in Aeon Nox 5 skin and let me know how things look. I know there's full support for nodes.

(2015-07-25, 06:08)TeflonDog Wrote: Also, another question: how can I edit the System sub-menu? I want a shortcut to the Library Node Editor add-on. It currently takes me a lot of navigating to get to it.

You actually can't. The only current way is to disable the regular System category and create the same as a custom category.

But I think I'll add support for custom items in the system submenu soon, as the demand seems high enough Smile

EDIT: I have just added support for custom submenus in the System category. If you install my repo, you will get the update very soon Smile
Hi Gade,
I don't know if this is the appropriate place, or if people ever take design suggestions, but...

I noticed you were tinkering with the way the first letter displays as you are quickly scrolling through the videos list. (At least, it's changed in Wall view, which is all I use for the movie section). I was thinking instead of just putting it in a corner, it might look good to just have a giant letter flash on the middle of the screen. It'd be easy to see, and would disappear and be out of the way once you stopped scrolling anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Don't mean to step on any toes if I have done so. Still loving the skin!

Andy
(2015-07-27, 00:58)andytseng Wrote: Hi Gade,
I don't know if this is the appropriate place, or if people ever take design suggestions, but...

I noticed you were tinkering with the way the first letter displays as you are quickly scrolling through the videos list. (At least, it's changed in Wall view, which is all I use for the movie section). I was thinking instead of just putting it in a corner, it might look good to just have a giant letter flash on the middle of the screen. It'd be easy to see, and would disappear and be out of the way once you stopped scrolling anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Don't mean to step on any toes if I have done so. Still loving the skin!

Andy

Hi Andy.

This is the place to bring design suggestions and feature requests. They are what improves the skin, so don't hold back at all. Smile

I moved the sort letter notification to the upper left corner together with the home button, partly because I felt the old sort letter notification were out of style and needed an update, and partly to bring it away from the content of the libraries. The sort letter notification have bugged me for quite some time, being in the way for lists and content, and that's the reason for moving it to the corner.

So redesigning it to be in the middle of the screen would be completely against my goals. It might work in Wall view, but not in most other view styles. Smile

Cheers
Gade
(2015-07-27, 01:08)Gade Wrote: Hi Andy.

This is the place to bring design suggestions and feature requests. They are what improves the skin, so don't hold back at all. Smile

I moved the sort letter notification to the upper left corner together with the home button, partly because I felt the old sort letter notification were out of style and needed an update, and partly to bring it away from the content of the libraries. The sort letter notification have bugged me for quite some time, being in the way for lists and content, and that's the reason for moving it to the corner.

So redesigning it to be in the middle of the screen would be completely against my goals. It might work in Wall view, but not in most other view styles. Smile

Cheers
Gade

I definitely get where you're coming from. I did feel the old letter notification got in the way, particularly in Wall View. It is much cleaner now.

I modified it on my computer, so now I have a giant, font size 480 letter flashing in the middle of the screen. Very in-your-face, can't-be-missed. Like you said, it really doesn't match the rest of the views, like when I'm scrolling through the file list, but I rarely need to do that. This is 1 of only 2 modifications (the other, starting up in the moviestitle view), so it's not much work to update whenever new versions come out.
(2015-07-27, 10:37)andytseng Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 01:08)Gade Wrote: Hi Andy.

Cheers
Gade

I definitely get where you're coming from. I did feel the old letter notification got in the way, particularly in Wall View. It is much cleaner now.

I modified it on my computer, so now I have a giant, font size 480 letter flashing in the middle of the screen. Very in-your-face, can't-be-missed. Like you said, it really doesn't match the rest of the views, like when I'm scrolling through the file list, but I rarely need to do that. This is 1 of only 2 modifications (the other, starting up in the moviestitle view), so it's not much work to update whenever new versions come out.

Hi Andy.

Great that you are modding the skin yourself and don't mind doing it after each update.

Feel free to get back if you have any requests or questions.

Cheers
Gade
Hey Gade,

I'm using Duration Script with Rapier 8.2.5 and I have sets showing in the library view. I'm noticing that the duration for the sets is not using the script, do you think you could implement this? Also, can you have it work in the ExtendedInfo Script Information screen? Smile

Cheers,

corrigami

EDIT: I'm also having a problem where if I scroll to the end of the cast on the ExtendedInfo Information screen, Kodi completely crashes. (I'm running it on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 if it matters) Should this be directed at you, the ExtendedInfo devs or Kodi devs?
(2015-07-28, 19:50)corrigami Wrote: Hey Gade,

I'm using Duration Script with Rapier 8.2.5 and I have sets showing in the library view. I'm noticing that the duration for the sets is not using the script, do you think you could implement this? Also, can you have it work in the ExtendedInfo Script Information screen? Smile

Hi corrigami.

I use that script myself and would love for it to be able to work for movie sets and ExtendedInfo windows. But unfortunately (to my knowledge) it only works for regular list items.

Hopefully one day something like this will be implementet into Kodi at some point.

EDIT: I removed support for script.duration and coded it into the skin itself. From next update Rapier will have support for movie sets and ExtendedInfo alternative duration.

I will push it to my repo right away. Can you please check that everything works as expected?

(2015-07-28, 19:50)corrigami Wrote: EDIT: I'm also having a problem where if I scroll to the end of the cast on the ExtendedInfo Information screen, Kodi completely crashes. (I'm running it on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 if it matters) Should this be directed at you, the ExtendedInfo devs or Kodi devs?

I have no idea. No matter what I do, i can not reproduce that issue. If I enter the ExtendedInfo window from the movie library, select the cast and scroll all the way to the right, focus jumps to the spin control bottom right.

What do you do exactly?

Cheers
Gade
Hi Gade,

OK cool! I've tried updating from your Kodi repo but it's still 8.2.5, do you mean that repo or your Github repo?

In relation to the crashing issue, when you say the spin control, do you mean the small arrows in the bottom right (i.e. the ones near the 1/4 in the attached picture)?

If I hold down right, the navigation never reaches it and stops at the last actor, like shown in the picture below. If I then try to navigate to it after (by pressing right) it crashes. It also crashes if I start in the position of the first picture and press down...

Kind regards,

corrigami

EDIT: Do you know who I should contact in relation to the next picture? I get this come up every time I boot up Kodi. I think it could be to do with the ExtendedInfo script?

(2015-07-29, 18:37)corrigami Wrote: Hi Gade,

OK cool! I've tried updating from your Kodi repo but it's still 8.2.5, do you mean that repo or your Github repo?

8.2.4 is the latest official Kodi repo version, and 8.2.6 is the latest version in my repo.

Perhaps you need to install the latest version of my repo (1.0.3)? https://github.com/gade01/repository.gad...p?raw=true

(2015-07-29, 18:37)corrigami Wrote: In relation to the crashing issue, when you say the spin control, do you mean the small arrows in the bottom right (i.e. the ones near the 1/4 in the attached picture)?

Exactly Smile

(2015-07-29, 18:37)corrigami Wrote: If I hold down right, the navigation never reaches it and stops at the last actor, like shown in the picture below. If I then try to navigate to it after (by pressing right) it crashes. It also crashes if I start in the position of the first picture and press down...

Holding down will only go to the end of the list, so that's expected behavoir. Pressing right should go to the control. I can't reproduce your issue at all.

Can you try all the other lists to see if they have the same issue (both when pressing down and right): crew, genres, keywords etc etc.

(2015-07-29, 18:37)corrigami Wrote: EDIT: Do you know who I should contact in relation to the next picture? I get this come up every time I boot up Kodi. I think it could be to do with the ExtendedInfo script?

I have no idea.

But it looks like you should change it globally in your OS X firewall settings.

Cheers
Gade
(2015-07-29, 19:38)Gade Wrote: 8.2.4 is the latest official Kodi repo version, and 8.2.6 is the latest version in my repo.

Perhaps you need to install the latest version of my repo (1.0.3)? https://github.com/gade01/repository.gad...p?raw=true

I've just downloaded from that link and the available version in the repo is 7.5.6??

(2015-07-29, 19:38)Gade Wrote: Holding down will only go to the end of the list, so that's expected behavoir. Pressing right should go to the control. I can't reproduce your issue at all.

Can you try all the other lists to see if they have the same issue (both when pressing down and right): crew, genres, keywords etc etc.

I can confirm it causes issues on: cast, crew, keywords, releases, reviews

Kind regards,

corrigami
(2015-07-29, 20:42)corrigami Wrote:
(2015-07-29, 19:38)Gade Wrote: 8.2.4 is the latest official Kodi repo version, and 8.2.6 is the latest version in my repo.

I've just downloaded from that link and the available version in the repo is 7.5.6??

Hmmm... do you run Kodi 15 RC? If you do that, you should update to the official Isengard 15 release to get Rapier 8.2.6.

(2015-07-29, 20:42)corrigami Wrote:
(2015-07-29, 19:38)Gade Wrote: Holding down will only go to the end of the list, so that's expected behavoir. Pressing right should go to the control. I can't reproduce your issue at all.

I can confirm it causes issues on: cast, crew, keywords, releases, reviews

Kind regards,

corrigami

Thanks for the info. I will look into it, although when looking at the code, nothing stands out.

Cheers
Gade
Hello,

When I'm on a PC, I'm using Rapier as my favourite skin for Kodi 15. I's simply the best out of all the default skins when it comes to being mouse friendly. Of course I suppose Kodi isn't really designed for the mouse, still it is nice to have this option.

I've noticed, however, one glitch there (I'm on the newest Rapier version, straight from the repo): when I mouse-over the 'subtitles' icon, the sub-menu appears, exactly the same one as in Conflluence (with 'download', 'subtitle offset', 'next', 'enabled'). But I cannot select anything from it: as soon as I move the mouse up from the small icon itself, the menu disappears. Somehow, Confluence doesn't have this problem, so I really do hope it can be fixed easily.

Thanks!
(2015-07-30, 11:23)msys Wrote: Hello,

When I'm on a PC, I'm using Rapier as my favourite skin for Kodi 15. I's simply the best out of all the default skins when it comes to being mouse friendly. Of course I suppose Kodi isn't really designed for the mouse, still it is nice to have this option.

I've noticed, however, one glitch there (I'm on the newest Rapier version, straight from the repo): when I mouse-over the 'subtitles' icon, the sub-menu appears, exactly the same one as in Conflluence (with 'download', 'subtitle offset', 'next', 'enabled'). But I cannot select anything from it: as soon as I move the mouse up from the small icon itself, the menu disappears. Somehow, Confluence doesn't have this problem, so I really do hope it can be fixed easily.

Thanks!

Hi msys and welcome to the forums.

Thanks so much for all the kind words Smile

Great discription of the issue. I will look into it right away and hopefully fix it for the next update.

Cheers
Gade
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2