IP settings
Is it possible to change the IP address in the Kodi 14.1 settings?
(2015-03-05, 00:38)MrTottenham Wrote: Is it possible to change the IP address in the Kodi 14.1 settings?

No, but Google searching "creating a Static IP in Windows" should get you what you are looking for.
KODI takes the IP address of the computer. Set the IP address on your router.
(2015-03-05, 00:50)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 00:38)MrTottenham Wrote: Is it possible to change the IP address in the Kodi 14.1 settings?

No, but Google searching "creating a Static IP in Windows" should get you what you are looking for.

If you're using Smart DNS, this won't work......I don't think.
Anymore help with this?
Maybe a little more information on what your requirements are, what you hope to achieve.
As far a I know (google) smart DNS is for access of geo restricted URL's/services via a DNS/proxy redirect.
I believe there is a proxy setting in KODI, system>internet access>use a proxy server
(2015-03-06, 13:05)k4sh1n Wrote: Maybe a little more information on what your requirements are, what you hope to achieve.
As far a I know (google) smart DNS is for access of geo restricted URL's/services via a DNS/proxy redirect.
I believe there is a proxy setting in KODI, system>internet access>use a proxy server

I haven't seen that setting.
Change setting level to advance or expert
(2015-03-07, 01:38)k4sh1n Wrote: Change setting level to advance or expert

Okay, thanks. How do I use the proxy server setting in respect to Smart DNS? My local machine points to their DNS servers.
Again, you are not telling us what you want to do...

Are you trying to use a smart DNS service from within Kodi like for example you have an addon that accesses content in an other country and you are now blocked?

If that's the case, all you need to do is change your DNS servers to point to your Smart DNS provider. Kodi will pick it up. So the question has nothing to do with Kodi but with your operating system.

Usually, these Smart DNS providers have detailed instructions on how to change your settings for all the major OSes

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2015-03-09, 22:33)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Again, you are not telling us what you want to do...

Are you trying to use a smart DNS service from within Kodi like for example you have an addon that accesses content in an other country and you are now blocked?

If that's the case, all you need to do is change your DNS servers to point to your Smart DNS provider. Kodi will pick it up. So the question has nothing to do with Kodi but with your operating system.

Usually, these Smart DNS providers have detailed instructions on how to change your settings for all the major OSes

-Pr.

Yes that is what I'm trying to do.
My DNS servers are pointing at Smart DNS, but my router still gives me a local IP. This is the IP that Kodi picks up.
Smart DNS don't bring an IP to you locally. I think it just somehow masks the IP you are using. If I changed my local IP, then Smart DNS would need to be updated, as it does a cross reference.
That is not how it works. SmartDNS cares about your EXTERNAL IP. The IP your router gives to your computer is an INTERNAL IP... You do not need to change anything in Kodi or anywhere else. You need to set the DNS Servers of your Kodi computer to the SmartDNS ones and leave your IP settings to automatic.

That way the Kodi computer will benefit from the SmartDNS features.

If you want all of your home devices to benefit from the SmartDNS features, you need to change the DNS settings of your router's WAN/Internet port.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2015-03-10, 22:43)Pr.Sinister Wrote: That is not how it works. SmartDNS cares about your EXTERNAL IP. The IP your router gives to your computer is an INTERNAL IP... You do not need to change anything in Kodi or anywhere else. You need to set the DNS Servers of your Kodi computer to the SmartDNS ones and leave your IP settings to automatic.

If you want all of your home devices to benefit from the SmartDNS features, you need to change the DNS settings of your router's WAN/Internet port.

-Pr.

So the fact my internal IP is listed in Kodi doesn't matter?
(2015-03-11, 09:25)MrTottenham Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 22:43)Pr.Sinister Wrote: That is not how it works. SmartDNS cares about your EXTERNAL IP. The IP your router gives to your computer is an INTERNAL IP... You do not need to change anything in Kodi or anywhere else. You need to set the DNS Servers of your Kodi computer to the SmartDNS ones and leave your IP settings to automatic.

-Pr.

So the fact my internal IP is listed in Kodi doesn't matter?

Hi
I know it has been sometime since you asked this question. Did you manage to get an answer.
I have the same problem. Using DNS Proxy on Amazon FTV for my Netflix app.Works brilliantly.However my KODI ip and my console ip still show local ip address.
All I want to do is use the DNS Proxy for KODI as well to access the american channels.

Just completely frustrated that i cannot.
Can anyone help?
no internal ip is irrelevant your external REAL internet IP or how its routed is whats important.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IP settings0