How to change fonts in Zephyr?
Hi

I really love this skin, thank you for the hard work on it Smile

In default kodi skin (confluence) I always go change fonts to "arial based", so i can display arabic characters in addon's e.g. youtube.
But when i switched to Arctic Zephyr, i found out that i can't change the default font. any idea how to solve this?!Confused

thank you
Here's what I would do...

1. Open up the Font.xml file.
2. Duplicate the existing fontset (copy/paste).
3. Change the id and idloc so they are unique.
4. Change all the filenames in the new fontset to "arial.ttf". (No need for the font file, it is included with Kodi)
5. Adjust the font sizes as needed.
(2015-03-05, 21:43)bryanbrazil Wrote: Here's what I would do...

4. Change all the filenames in the new fontset to "arial.ttf". (No need for the font file, it is included with Kodi)

Hi Bryan, please bear with meRolleyes

1-Font.xml you mean the one in: /.kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/1080p

2-Duplicate the existing fontset: this is all the code written in font.xml? so i copy all the code and paste it in the same file again

3-Change the id and idloc: i give them any name i want, or you mean to name them "unique"?Confused

4-change all the filenames in the new fontset: the new fontset means what i copied/pasted in font.xml

Sorry man, i never i edited such files Sad
http://kodi.wiki/view/Fonts
(2015-03-08, 00:07)ra1dx Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 21:43)bryanbrazil Wrote: Here's what I would do...

Hi Bryan, please bear with meRolleyes

1-Font.xml you mean the one in: /.kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/1080p

2-Duplicate the existing fontset: this is all the code written in font.xml? so i copy all the code and paste it in the same file again

3-Change the id and idloc: i give them any name i want, or you mean to name them "unique"?Confused

4-change all the filenames in the new fontset: the new fontset means what i copied/pasted in font.xml

Sorry man, i never i edited such files Sad
In addition to the wiki link that Hitcher posted, you can check out the Font.xml from Mimic that has several font sets as an example.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi...i/Font.xml

1. Yes, that's the Font.xml.

2. You'll want to copy from <fontset> to </fontset> and then paste it directly below the existing font set.

3. I would set the id to "Arial." I have the idloc localized to a string in my strings.po file.

4. Yes, change the existing fonts names in your copied font set to arial.ttf. Leave the original font set alone.

Good luck!
It worked..Thaank you Smile
Hello I have a Matricom G-Box but cannot see or access the folders even with ES File Explorer. Please assist as I really love this skin but need the arial font installed.
(2015-04-04, 02:22)Mentaliste Wrote: Hello I have a Matricom G-Box but cannot see or access the folders even with ES File Explorer. Please assist as I really love this skin but need the arial font installed.

you need first to enable "show hidden files" from android settings under display settings if i'm not mistaken. Then you will can see kodi main folder in Android > Data

hope that helped
I am using the ES Explorer app on an android box.
Thank you ra1dx now I can see the files and have located the file I need but I cannot edit it...nor copy paste into it etc. please assist. Thank you.
(2015-04-04, 15:37)Mentaliste Wrote: Thank you ra1dx now I can see the files and have located the file I need but I cannot edit it...nor copy paste into it etc. please assist. Thank you.

I'm not sure how you could edit on android your font.xml. But what i did was copying the font.xml to my laptop, edited with simple text editor then replaced the original with the new edited file.
Here is my edited font.xml with arial based, it's not the perfect one, but it worked for me to get arial based, you could replace your original font.xml with it. Make a copy of your original font.xml first incase things goes wrong.

editedfontxml
Thank you so much Sir but since am using ES Explorer I dont see how I could copy and paste files either...please assist this is the only step am missing.
ra1dx I found how to copy paste! And it worked thank you SO MUCH you have no idea how much this helped. This makes it the absolute best font, skin and setup for me. Sincere thank you everyone!
Glad to hear that it worked!
you're welcome Smile
Thank you!

okay now I have another question. I am trying to replace the librtmp.so file in order to view tv channels properly but my box doesn't allow me to rename or delete the current file in order to replace it with a new one. All the system files seem to be protected...Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change fonts in Zephyr?1