Kodi PVR OPENVPN cannot resolve local DNS
Hi guys,

Trying to get the kodi mediaportal PVR login to work over OPENVPN.

The plugin loads fine. The channels and epg are imported fine, but starting a tv channel does not work.

ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Failed to open file 'R:\timeshift\live17-0.ts.tsbuffer' as 'smb://user:password@SERVER/timeshift/live17-0.ts.tsbuffer'
06:42:15 T:2754643008 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Cannot open timeshift buffer R:\timeshift\live17-0.ts.tsbuffer
06:42:15 T:2754643008 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: TsReader: closing file
06:42:16 T:2754643008 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: CloseLiveStream: True

I think the reason for the error is that the client cannot resolve the servername "SERVER" to the ip it has 192.168.1.50. Its seems that my openvpn client can resolve internet addresses but not local addresses.

Actually im a litte confused as to why the PVR plugin uses the name "server" instead of the IP. In the PVR plugin configuration i specificly put in the ip address and not the hostname.

I then tried to creat an entry in /etc/host file but found out the the file system was read only.

Any suggestions as how to solve this?

Regards
Jacob
I can't help, unfortunately, but just wondering if you'd be better off posting this query in General, Linux or maybe even PVR sub-forums, as it doesn't seem particularly Pi-specific.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will do. Thanks!
@mylle: the reason is that the TVServerXBMC plugin does the translation from R:\timeshift to \\SERVER\timeshift and the Kodi plugin translates it into smb://user:password@...
The /etc/hosts file change should work, but you need admin/root access for that.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi PVR OPENVPN cannot resolve local DNS0