HP Stream Tablets
Ok second attempt at this thread!

I was wondering if anyone had success in using Kodi/XMBC with HP's low cost Stream 7 and 8 tablets. Thinking of picking one up and using for media stuff on sofa whilst wife is using TV!
Never tried Windows tablets but I have a cheap "mickey mouse" tablet running Kodi on it + some video addons, it works just fine.

Tablet details:
Brand: Ippo
Model #: BS1078
Allwinner image
Android version: 4.2.2
Processor type: QuadCore-A31Series
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
That Atom SoC should play most media just fine.

I think the person is referring to the Windows variant, which can be had for like $90 and comes with the bay-trail atom 1gb of ram and 32gb drive.
The HP Stream tablets, laptops, and mini all run KODI just fine.
My favorite is the mini.
(2015-03-06, 00:59)agender Wrote: I think the person is referring to the Windows variant, which can be had for like $90 and comes with the bay-trail atom 1gb of ram and 32gb drive.

There's a bunch of these tablets with the same basic specs like this. It's really surprising, they all seem to run Kodi really well. I got a Windows 8.1 tablet with 1 GB of ram and whatever baytrail ATOM processor that many of these guys have, and it was $60. Runs Kodi like a champ and even has an HDMI out port and USB.

I'm playing around with loading some form of linux on mine, but even on Windows, they run great. However, outside of Kodi or some other select (tablet-friendly) apps, they kind of suck as general-use tablets, but only because Windows 8.1 sucks as a tablet OS ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP Stream Tablets0