Moving into a Dorm With an Unknown Roommate and Need Some Suggestions
Question 
So, do to unusual circumstances I'm moving in mid-semester into a dorm, right after spring break (3/15). I currently commute. However, I want to be able to allow my roommate be able to use my Kodi setup to watch a movie if he/she wants to without me being there, but I also don't want to take any chances with people going through and/or messing with anything else on my computer.

So does anybody know of a way I can leave Kodi up and running for my roommate to pick and watch whatever, but at the same time keep everything else on my OS locked off and secured from prying eyes or tinkering fingers?
set u different user accounts - one for you and one for Kodi. You could also encrypt your personal files, so they cannot read them from a boot disk (and if necessary a bios reset)
Setup you client to serve media as a read only SMB share and they use their own hardware/computer with KODI installed to watch content.

They can only read files you provide SMB access to, no writing/deleting, general messing with your settings, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving into a Dorm With an Unknown Roommate and Need Some Suggestions0