I'm looking for a game library for addon to make now.
I'm looking for a game library for addon to make now.
I think much of what the game can make is used for kodi
For example, it is also like Unity, Flash and pygame.
Why don't you wait for retroplayer to be out? It will be based on libretro and according to their site:

"Libretro is a simple but powerful development interface that allows for the easy creation of emulators, games and multimedia applications that can plug straight into any libretro-compatible frontend."

I'm not the best person to help you out with this question but my understanding of libretro is that it is a framework. Despite the name "retro" you can run recent games through it (if they are ported) or develop games for it.

So my advice, retroplayer will be in kodi at somepoint. Make your game work with libretro and it will in a close future run in kodi as well.

Best regards
Thank you very much for your answer.

I knew libretro for the first time, so I'll check it now.
The RetroPlayer and its LibRetro API parts are not actually a games library in tehmselves, but they provide a huge motivation for adding a games library to the core of Kodi, which is why they are those parts AND a games library is part of Garbear's overall grand scale concept for Kodi, together with other parts too such as peripherals addons, input framework, media reader, and more, all as subprojects on the larger RetroPlayer project.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164725

(2013-02-14, 19:48)garbear Wrote: Future Components
  • Game library: Games offer new ways of interacting with media libraries: box art, game trailers, gameplay videos, system intros, save states, and more. Games don't have to be on your computer; plugins can provide games that can be scanned into the library. Free clones of virtually every popular game can be streamed (and cached) directly from public domain ROM sites. If binary add-ons could provide games, then Steam libraries on the network could be scanned into the game library.

More separate threads here for the different subprojects

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=194

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm looking for a game library for addon to make now.0