Android No DD/DTS passthrough over HDMI
Hello. I recently got my hands on an Android TV box with Allwinner a31s running on Android 4.4.2 and I am trying to get the audio passthrough settings to work.
The box supports audio passthrough over HDMI as it is working correctly with other players (MX for example), but Kodi always outputs stereo 2.0 regardless of the settings used.
I have Yamaha RX V361 that can display info about the signal bitrate, encoding etc, and always displays plain stereo when playing movies via Kodi.

I tried Kodi 14.1 “Helix”, the latest nightly as well as version 15 "Isengard" (which works great btw.).

On a side note, the box can handle 1080p (to about 10-15 mbits) without breaking a sweat (libstagefright and mediacodec both enabled).

Will log file be helpful in this case?
Stupid question, but did you enable passthrough inside Kodi?
Usually, if passthrough fails at some point, you hear a screeching noise, not stereo...
Here is a funny thing, when I enabled "Dolby Digital Transcoding", my amp started showing Dolby Digital as audio source. Now, the other funny thing is that even if I play DTS encoded movie, my amp still shows "Dolby Digital". As I understand from the tooltip, this option should be used only for SP/DIF audio connections. My Android TV box is wired to my amp, which routes the video to my TV set.

Android box >> Audio Receiver >> TV

Anyway, I tested my 5.1 setup and appears to be working correctly, even when I play DTS files. Maybe the factory worker in China wired the connections wrong, who knows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DD/DTS passthrough over HDMI0