Alternate way to Return TV Episode Poster Image for .strm files?
Question 
Hi guys,

I've got an issue where the currently playing TV episode does not return it's season poster when the episode is a .strm file. Despite showing the poster, fanart and episode thumb everywhere else in the skin flawlessly and scraping 100% correctly, it refuses to show only on the OSD when playing the file. I believe this is a bug with Kodi, only limited to TV episodes.

However, I'm trying to find alternate ways of returning the poster image of the currently playing .strm TV episode. The skin i'm using uses:

PHP Code:
$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.poster)] 

which is standard for all skins. I'm trying to find other ways of returning the currently playing TV episode's poster on the OSD.

I've tried

PHP Code:
$INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] 
and
PHP Code:
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover

but these obviously show the TV episode's thumbnail picture (which works). It's the TV show's poster that I want and am hoping an expierenced skinner could come up with an alternate way of returning the TV show poster.

Could I use

PHP Code:
Skin.String(name

or somehow utilise the list.item or container.art way to return the TV show poster? If so how would I do so? Or if there is another way then please do share, I'm ripping out my hair trying to figure out a way but don't have the coding skills or ingenuity to be able to. Confused

Would really appreciate any help.

Thank you! Wink

Ref: http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#Images_...le_in_XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternate way to Return TV Episode Poster Image for .strm files?0