• 83(current)
Trakt.tv v3
I am using Kodi 15.2 and trakt stopped scrobbling on Monday. I finally tried uninstalling and re-installing the trakt addon today, but when I try to authorize, it says Authorization Failed. Is there anything I can do? I love this addon!
(2017-01-20, 07:07)dschroed Wrote: I am using Kodi 15.2 and trakt stopped scrobbling on Monday. I finally tried uninstalling and re-installing the trakt addon today, but when I try to authorize, it says Authorization Failed. Is there anything I can do? I love this addon!

Yes this addon is so good. I just discovered it recently and I finally have it working right. Try going to System-->Settings-->Addons. Once there use your arrow to the right to make the left side bar pop out. From there go down to Check for Updates. After that runs close Kodi and then go back in. See if it works. If not Try going back to the Trakt Addon and see if you can update it.

Hope this helps!
Would I be correct in thinking that the new version hasn't been pushed to the Isengard (15) repos yet? Still don't seem to see it after updating my repos.
I know Isengard is a few versions behind at this point but will it still be fixed for that version? One of my boxes uses OpenElec which is still on that version for now.
(2017-01-20, 22:23)ManiacB Wrote: Would I be correct in thinking that the new version hasn't been pushed to the Isengard (15) repos yet? Still don't seem to see it after updating my repos.
I know Isengard is a few versions behind at this point but will it still be fixed for that version? One of my boxes uses OpenElec which is still on that version for now.

I can't speak for the dev. If it were me I would upgrade your devices to 16.1.
(2017-01-20, 23:30)smicale Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 22:23)ManiacB Wrote: Would I be correct in thinking that the new version hasn't been pushed to the Isengard (15) repos yet? Still don't seem to see it after updating my repos.

I can't speak for the dev. If it were me I would upgrade your devices to 16.1.

It is on the cards at some point Smile
Edit: Hadn't actually checked back for a while - now seen that OpenElec has a v16 build now. Will update Smile

Correct, new version hasn't been pushed to isengard or earlier.

TLDR; It's complicated and time consuming.

I was confident the change would work with Jarvis+. I would have to check gotham - isengard in combination with the new module changes, if there is any breakage involved and prepare a version that's compatible. Haven't found any time for that and I'm not sure if it's worth it/I will find time for that in the near future.

Btw @ManiacB any reason for still using OpenElec and not LibreElec?
(2017-01-21, 00:25)Razze Wrote:

TLDR; It's complicated and time consuming.

I was confident the change would work with Jarvis+. I would have to check gotham - isengard in combination with the new module changes, if there is any breakage involved and prepare a version that's compatible. Haven't found any time for that and I'm not sure if it's worth it/I will find time for that in the near future.

Btw @ManiacB any reason for still using OpenElec and not LibreElec?

No worries and thanks for the reply. I can imagine it being a pain having to maintain it over several versions.

I managed to upgrade my OpenElec to v16 Kodi now and the plugin updated and works again so problem solved.

Interesting you should mention LibreElec. I have 2 media boxes and I did actually put Libre on one of them already. I just haven't gotten around to doing a wipe/reinstall on the other one.

What makes you recommend Libre btw? I didn't read much into it but I understand it was forked from Open at some point? It does seem to be kept more up-to-date but are there other benefits would you say?
(2017-01-21, 00:55)ManiacB Wrote: What makes you recommend Libre btw? I didn't read much into it but I understand it was forked from Open at some point? It does seem to be kept more up-to-date but are there other benefits would you say?

Well to be clear I haven't used Libre yet, as I'm on a shield nowadays.

I don't really want/can comment on the openElec/libreElec split, as I only read some stuff. We do have more libreElec devs in Team Kodi, as most switched from openElec to libreElec back then. So I think I'm biased.
Openelec "just" released their stable jarvis. Libreelec jarvis has been around for many months and they are about to release krypton (once kodi krypton stable is released).

Most of the devs of openelec left to start libreelec. The development of openelec has stalled significantly.
Hello I have kodi 14.2 and I am stack to that version since I have an ATV2, trakt version is 3.0.4 and it was working for a long time now but suddenly almost a week ago it doesn't . I've made a fresh trakt installation but when I go to authorize it it says "can not connect to trakt", "trakt. tv authorization failed ".
Any ideas please?
Thanx I advance.
(2017-01-21, 00:25)Razze Wrote:

Hi

So does that mean there is currently no fix for Isengard v15.2?

I was waiting for Krypton to be in final release on Librelec before updating / switching my HTPC's

This add-on now not working may force me to update to Jarvis, which I wasn't planning on doing.

Thanks for this great add-on BTW its been very useful for syncing Emby Media Server and my Kodi MYSQL installs together as far as watched status goes. I find the Emby add-on for Kodi a bit unstable yet.

Cheers
(2017-01-20, 16:48)smicale Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 07:07)dschroed Wrote: I am using Kodi 15.2 and trakt stopped scrobbling on Monday. I finally tried uninstalling and re-installing the trakt addon today, but when I try to authorize, it says Authorization Failed. Is there anything I can do? I love this addon!

Yes this addon is so good. I just discovered it recently and I finally have it working right. Try going to System-->Settings-->Addons. Once there use your arrow to the right to make the left side bar pop out. From there go down to Check for Updates. After that runs close Kodi and then go back in. See if it works. If not Try going back to the Trakt Addon and see if you can update it.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for trying, however it still shows Authorization Failed when attempting to authorize. Unfortunately, I cannot update Kodi because it doesn't give me full screen with later versions. Any other suggestions?
I'll try to find time to create a fix for the previous versions.
But not sure when it will happen. (or if it's possible at all or just partly)
(2017-01-22, 17:43)Razze Wrote: I'll try to find time to create a fix for the previous versions.
But not sure when it will happen. (or if it's possible at all or just partly)

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the effort, and will hope you are successful.
Stopped by to see if there were any known issues with the Trakt plugin. Looks like I'll need to upgrade to Kodi 16.x. I had been putting it off long enough, so this is a good excuse. Thanks for the plugin and the continued support and development.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35