Solved The TVDB scraper continually returning wrong show
I'm trying to add The Wire to my Kodi library. I tried naming the folder all sorts of things, The Wire; Wire, The; Wire; The Wire (2002); Wire, The (2002); Wire (2002)

no matter what I try it keeps either scraping data for Wire in the Blood, a different TV show, or just not scraping anything at all.

I have tried to manually add an nfo into the folder, named "The Wire (2002).nfo", with the following code

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Data>
<Series>
  <seriesid>79126</seriesid>
  <language>en</language>
  <SeriesName>The Wire</SeriesName>
  <id>79126</id>
</Series>
</Data>

where the id is the one I manually went to the TVDB and pulled out, but still no luck.

Any idea how I can get this show to be properly recognized into my library?

Thanks!
read the wiki.

it needs to be called tvshow.nfo

Quote:The filename of the NFO should be tvshow.nfo (Exact, NOT the name of the actual TV show) and it should be in the root folder of the TV show.
The .nfo .xml file may contain a valid <episodeguideurl> to allow online updates. If not, only episodes with .nfo files will be added.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvshows
Thanks, worked like a charm!
I have the exact same issue with the The Wire. My directory is called Wire, The. I just hit refresh in the GUI and picked the correct show by hand. It would still be nice to know if this is a Kodi issue or a problem with the TVDB API. Searching on the TVDB website for "The Wire" has the correct show at the top of the results but searching for "Wire, The" has the results lower down. Maybe Kodi should move the article "The" to the begining of the string before hitting TVDB? Or maybe not since the OP said they named the folder "The Wire" and the problem persisted.
I got this to work by following the other guys suggestion,

Create a file called "tvshow.nfo" in the folder of the TV show

Then paste this line into it: "http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79126&lid=7"

save, and voila, all fixed!

--of course, remove the quotations when you name the file and when you paste that line in
I had the same issue, turns out that I'd named the folder "The Wire (2002)", where the explicit stating of the year made Kodi confused.
(2015-03-07, 01:42)rpi25 Wrote: I'm trying to add The Wire to my Kodi library. I tried naming the folder all sorts of things, The Wire; Wire, The; Wire; The Wire (2002); Wire, The (2002); Wire (2002)

no matter what I try it keeps either scraping data for Wire in the Blood, a different TV show, or just not scraping anything at all.

I have tried to manually add an nfo into the folder, named "The Wire (2002).nfo", with the following code

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Data>
<Series>
  <seriesid>79126</seriesid>
  <language>en</language>
  <SeriesName>The Wire</SeriesName>
  <id>79126</id>
</Series>
</Data>

where the id is the one I manually went to the TVDB and pulled out, but still no luck.

Any idea how I can get this show to be properly recognized into my library?

Thanks!
Hey can you copy and paste your wire nfo text , i cant seem to get it to work
@JohnSpartan3M - there was a bug in the recent 3.2.2 version of the TVDB scraper which has caused issues with scraping of some shows.

Olympia fixed it and released 3.2.3 earlier today, so can you please check which version you have and if it's 3.2.2 please update to 3.2.3 (it is in the official repo and so should auto-update if you have that enabled).

Once you have 3.2.3 please try scraping again and see if it works.

PS You realise this thread was last posted to 3.5 years ago? So I think the chances of a response from the original posters maybe aren't so great Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@JohnSpartan3M

That nfo file is completely wrong and would never work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-05, 19:16)DarrenHill Wrote: @JohnSpartan3M - there was a bug in the recent 3.2.2 version of the TVDB scraper which has caused issues with scraping of some shows.

Olympia fixed it and released 3.2.3 earlier today, so can you please check which version you have and if it's 3.2.2 please update to 3.2.3 (it is in the official repo and so should auto-update if you have that enabled).

Once you have 3.2.3 please try scraping again and see if it works.

PS You realise this thread was last posted to 3.5 years ago? So I think the chances of a response from the original posters maybe aren't so great Wink

Thanks for replying , i tried to update but its still saying 3.2.2. , is there any way to fix this, for some odd reason the Wire worked on one of my other boxes, but now on my main .
(2020-01-05, 20:14)Karellen Wrote: @JohnSpartan3M

That nfo file is completely wrong and would never work.
Thank you , do u have proper one for this show , im having issues with this show something terrible.
If you don't want to wait for the update to reach you, download and install from zip file... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metadata.tvdb.com/

If you still want to use the nfo file method, then you need to use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@JohnSpartan3M - it should be rolling out now, but it may not have reached your local mirror yet. Give it a little while, or else we can maybe advise you on what to change (it's a simple addition of a "+" into one line in one of the files) if you're confident to do that.

For the nfo workaround, make a text file in the same folder as the media called "tvshow.nfo" (exactly that) and in that simply paste "https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-wire" (without the quotes).

Then try rescraping the show again. You may need to clean it from your library first - to do that go to the files menu, browse to the folder with the media in it, open the context menu (right click, long press or whatever) and then select set content and change it to none and accept the offer to clean. Then go back to the context menu and either scan to library or scan for new content.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-05, 22:37)DarrenHill Wrote: @JohnSpartan3M - it should be rolling out now, but it may not have reached your local mirror yet. Give it a little while, or else we can maybe advise you on what to change (it's a simple addition of a "+" into one line in one of the files) if you're confident to do that.

For the nfo workaround, make a text file in the same folder as the media called "tvshow.nfo" (exactly that) and in that simply paste "https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-wire" (without the quotes).

Then try rescraping the show again. You may need to clean it from your library first - to do that go to the files menu, browse to the folder with the media in it, open the context menu (right click, long press or whatever) and then select set content and change it to none and accept the offer to clean. Then go back to the context menu and either scan to library or scan for new content.
Seriously thanks for taking the time , i figured the Wire out, i had to use a different scraper and it worked. Thanks again
Thread marked solved.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The TVDB scraper continually returning wrong show0