Using VLC IOSapp in combination with Kodi
Many of you have probably noticed that opensource client VLC is back to IOS devices. This is really nice as it allows to play videos and music on non-JB IOS devices.

I can access my Kodi library via UPNP, which is also fantastic.

I would hope that I can also use the VLC app not only to play on the IOS device, but also in some form of "play-to" on Kodi. This would give me the freedom to use just one app to play on my IOS device (non-JB) and also use as remote for Kodi.

Would this a feature request for VLC IOS client or something that would need to be done at the Kodi UPNP server or client?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Any Kodi device can already receive play to functions, so you'd need to ask VLC to implement the push on their VLC iOS client. I'm not sure if how we implement play-to is part of the official UPnP spec though. Would be a question for @Montellese probably.
Not sure about UPNP, but it is a specific service of DLNA. Please see link below. Assume this would need to be implemented by the VLC folks though?

http://www.dlna.org/dlna-for-industry/ce...controller
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using VLC IOSapp in combination with Kodi0